Monday, June 11, 2012

REVIEW: A Walk In The Woods - Bill Bryson

Bryson's writing could make dumpster diving seem like a grand noble adventure!! I enjoyed this book even though it wasn't exactly what I expected, but then since I've never set foot anywhere near the AT (except a weird trail out in West Virginia where I did come face to face with a copperhead. I have a picture to prove it). I guess I wasn't sure what to expect.

I guess where it threw me the most is well, it has to do with me. I am usually an imitator. When I read about something new and interesting I immediately want to run right out and try it and take it under my wing as my new pet project and dearest hobby!
****** spoiler alert***** (that is if I'm not the last person out here to read this!!)






But I didn't feel that way about the AT. It did, however make me want to find that adorable boarding house they stayed in when the left the 100 Mile Wilderness :)

All in all though I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the experience of vicariously traveling a piece of this continent I'm not likely to see. Thanks for that Bill! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love Bill Bryson's books. It's armchair traveling at its best!

    ReplyDelete