Monday, June 4, 2012

Hey ArmchairBEA, haaaaaave ya met Laura?

I'm so glad to be participating in Armchair BEA again this year. Last year was so much fun even though I felt quite a bit like a lurker a lot of the time.  Hopefully this year I can be even more involved.

So, yeah...on to me.
Since this is BEA related and not match.com... I guess I can be honest >:) just kidding, I'm honest there too. ...not that it helps!

drumroll

1.) A little about me...
Laura. Iowan. Pursuing a BA with plans to pursue a MLS. The kicker? I'm old! Well all things being relative, on a college campus I'm old.  I've been blogging for nearly 3 years. There again I don't post as often as I'd like. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to say, sometimes I procrastinate. I got into blogging on a different side of the blogoshpere, the hgtv-ish side. I have a blog on that side too, but I hardly ever post there.  I was going to just have a page on books, but it just kept growing, like the blob and pretty soon, I knew it was it's own entity.  Thus Bunny Tales was born. I love it and hope to keep improving it and hope you guys think I have something of value to say...at least occasionally.

2.)  One non-book related thing to know about me...sorta non-book related
I like antiquing and have a turn-of-the-century home
pssst it has a room I'm turning into a library with pocket doors. ;)

3.) Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
With lots of followers who are bookish friends as well as fellow bloggers and book fans that I've met IRL preferably at BEA in NYC. A blog that is looked to for the latest in insider information, that is full of what is going on in the publishing and book world and who posts quotable reviews on upcoming releases..... now how to make that happen, I have no idea! :)

4.) What Literary Location?
PEMBERLY - both from the book and the movie...all the UK really.


5.) What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
Meeting fun bookish folk, looking for their posts, taking their suggestions. Seeing new bloggers grow as we all watch where this now topsy turvy industry heads. It's like watching one of those fireworks...the kind that spin around on the ground then hop and jump and you're just not sure where they are going to go but Man do they look brilliant doing it. What would I change? Let it grow!

So there we go. Now you know me a little better. I'm just good ole' bookish-folk just like yous guys. I can't wait to learn more about you and meet some new blogosphere friends.

27 comments:

  1. I love your house! Mine is from the late 1800's too - lots of character and a creepy basement - LOL!

    Nice "meeting" you!!

    BTW - love your overall blog design - beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I love your house! It's so pretty.
    My literary location question has a Austen theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just moved out of an 1890s house. It did have great reading spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is so pretty! DAMN I love old American houses :). I'll swap you living in the UK for living in your american house, deal, k? But seriously- Pemberly looks really beautiful, and I should probably take more advantage of living here to go to places like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning! Welcome to Armchair BEA. It is a pleasure to meet you! Your home is beautiful! I love older homes they have such character!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice house! And Pemberly is a great choice! :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    Come visit my introduction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful home! If it makes you feel any better, I am starting my MLIS program this fall. I will be 36 when classes start. gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pemberly?? I think I haven't read about the location before. Love your home, I wish I could turn a room into a library soon!

    My Introduction post here

    -Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I followed you back here. I love your house- it kind of looks like a grown up doll house. (Which I love) I'm following you and I hope when your library room gets built you post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Antiquing, pocket doors, library?! Oh my! How exciting :) :)

    Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I absolutely love the title of your post! Makes me think of How I Met Your Mother! :D

    Your house is so adorable! And that library with pocket doors sounds awesome...pictures once it's finished please. :D

    Pemberley! Awesome choice! I didn't even think of Pemberley, but it would definitely be a fantastic place to get to see...and I agree, all of the UK would be on my list, too!

    Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, Laura! It's awesome to meet you. :)
    Ambur
    My BEA Introduction Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct Ambur... it is from How I Met Your Mother...funny show, we are going through it from the start on netflix :) It's ....are you ready... Legendary!

      Delete
  12. Your home is beautiful! I love turn-of-the-century homes. And, I love your plans to make a library with pocket doors! Sounds absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to have a house with room for a library.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous of a house with pocket doors. And I didn't even think about being at actually BEA in 5 years but that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! So glad you decided to join up for Armchair BEA. What a gorgeous house - I'm totally jealous. And it's never to late to get an MLS :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said Hogwarts, but now that I've seen that picture of Pemberley, I need to add it to my travel list! They're both in England so it all works.

    Your home is lovely, and I'm totally envious of your library. I have run out of shelf space and am stuffing books willy-nilly in whatever nooks and crannies available.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your house and am jealous about the library! My house was built in 1913 and we just found the perfect hutch and sideboard for our house at a church book sale this weekend...the set was built in the 1940s and looks like it belongs in our house!

    Here's my Armchair BEA Intro Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 40's china hutch too and it looks good, I'm sure yours will look beautiful!! :) (send me pics!!)

      Delete
  18. Love our blog - and your house - and the idea of a library with pocket doors. :) My "library" is two book cases crammed into the spare bedroom. Hope you have fun with Armchair BEA. I'll be back to check out more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with everyone else, your house is FABULOUS! I love the idea of having a house like that with a library with pocket doors!! What a great place to spend time while at home!

    Pemberly is a great choice! I have always wanted to visit the UK too!! Hopefully we will both get to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Another vote for "Your house is FABULOUS!" I love the name of your blog! Enjoy Armchair BEA!

    My Armchair BEA Intro

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to meet ya! I loooove that house!

    I'm with you on Pemberly. Sign me up!

    I hope you have a great time this week doing Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Pemberly!Great choice :) Good luck getting your BA and MLS! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is beautiful! My husband and I thought about buying an old house and re-modeling, but luckily we bought a newer house because we have discovered we are not DIY-ers. We just like to watch other people do it on tv. Now, I think I saw a post about your library at the top of the page, so I'm off to check that out...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the Bunny picture in your header :-) And your HIMYM inspired title is so funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your house is amazing and I love that you are making a library in there + pocket doors = YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete