So I sat down and jotted out a few New Years Resolutions. And I let them simmer for a couple days to see if they were worthy or plausible. They seem it...for the most part... so here goes.
I have 16. :) Yeah I know I'm setting myself up for failure big time!
1) Photo a day - over on my 'home-life' blog I decided (since I can't regularly be crafty or cook anything anywhere close to food porn-able) to devote this year to remembering each day with a snapshot and keep the posts uber short. So far so good. If you want to peek in... here's the link: The Shabby Rabbit
2) Fly - nope not in a plane or glider... I'm talking about being a follower of FlyLady. It's a method to help me keep my house cleaner, tidier, more organized and so I'm not, as Fly Lady says, "In CHAOS" (Cant Have Anyone Over Syndrome)
I used to be pretty good at juggling cleaning schedules and organization, then I got pretty busy and well...since FlyLady has EVERY base covered and all I have to do is follow directions, hey! That's way easier! If you're interested here's the link FlyLady. Let me know if you go there!
3) Read more - self-explanatory. Quit creepin' on facebook. Don't put that movie in (I got rid of TV last year). Go Read!! Get the book off the nightstand from time to time! You can read before 9:00 p.m. too!
4) Trade houses with my Mom. My house is teeny tiny with pretty little utility bills, her house is bigger and much more to take care of. I'm 45 and she's ...older than 45 and my little one level ranch with off street parking and a garage makes more sense for her than for me.
This is Mom's house - The tree is off of it now ;)
This is my little house. Gee I miss green grass!
5) Blog - Now I know this sorta goes against the Read resolution, but I have to write about what I read about!! and I have to see what you all are reading too! Just not over do it. There is plenty of time for both. Tons of instances where reading would not be feasible, but perusing the blogs or slapping in a quick post or meme would be fine. Usually when the girls and I are all together in the living room. We're girls, we can multitask and still interact with one another!
6) Work on that blasted Novel...said it before...someday I would like to say..work on REVISING that novel. Can't do one without the other. I received quite a few compliments this past semester on my writing so it really should follow that while that side of my brain is engaged I should do this...now balancing this resolution with the Reading resolution is a little trickier!
7) Work on Nutrition - I'm not saying lose weight (but that too) just for once don't go through the produce section just to see the pretty colors woman! Stop and buy something! Lettuce is for more than Tacos!
8) Cut Expenses - Tough one. But Necessary for my next Resolution. And there is room. I can cut a lot of expenses with just two letters... the letter N and the letter O. I love my girls, but I have to curb my desire to spoil them :)
9) Get out of debt - I don't have that much debt, just that much more than I want. I've lived hand to mouth and I always fear having to again so I'd rather not have to worry about who I owe thanks!
10) eBay - I have a bit of stuff floating around I could liquidate on that site. Even some books... I'll let you know if I do.
11) Faith - Last year at this time I felt much closer to God and like I leaned on Him and my spirituality much more... I really really miss that feeling. It felt so safe. So I want to cultivate that again.
12) Quit Swearing - 2 reasons, 1 see above. Such negative words close the doors to the postitive of the spirit. and 2. I feel I have a much better vocabulary than those mundane words and should be perfectly capable of expressing myself with them.
13) Work - There are some goals we set at my review that I need to push myself to accomplish yet this year. There are some projects I would like to start as well.
14) Style - Ok another one that seems weird. But as I've gotten ---gosh this is still hard to say --- older, I am having a harder time figuring out how I should look. From hair to makeup to clothes. So cultivating an attractive (after all I am single) professional appearance is on my radar this year.
15) School - This is an easy one (sorta) Finish my Associates in May and start at the University of Iowa in the Bachelor of Liberal Science Program ( available by distance if necessary and since I'm 50 miles from the campus, it will be). With all A's :) Ok that last part may just be self-torture!! But good grades.
Huh - I lied. there's only 15. And if you're still with me... Thank you! And feel free to pop in and see how I'm doing. Keep me on my toes...ask me about the weird ones ;)
I truly hope your 2011 goes well and brings you your hearts desires!