Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - with many many more running through my mind


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can!

Today's List:
Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011


Here is my list for this fun Top Ten Tuesday prompt. There are others on some of my challenge lists, but these are the ones that have me chomping at the bit to get to them.

1) The Help - I've been waiting forever to get to this book! I started it on audio so I know how good it is!

2)Brisinger - This is for my daughter's boyfriend. I'll say it again, when a young man wants to share a book with the mother of his girlfriend, you. do. not. say. no! My older daughters boyfriend did the same thing which is how I read R.A. Salvatore books. Working on the Drizzit series

3) The Jungle - I've been waiting all summer for this! I picked it up on my first visit to Iowa City. The day my life changed.

4) The Killer Angels - One I've meant to read since I was pregnant with my now 16 year old. My now X husband read it and couldn't put it down. It was 1 of only 2 books he's ever read. Must have been good.

5)Mansfield Park - because I come to this Auten piece with no expectations!!

6) Strange as the Weather Has Been - Goes with my trip to West Virginia, my patriarchal homeland

7) A Thousand Acres - I had an outline for a novel I hope to write with the same title. I about threw a tantrum when this book came out. So I MUST see what this one's like :) Plus I hear it's good

8) Under the Dome - I'll never wait this long to get to this book. King books are like my addiction!

9) The Bell Jar - One on my Classics list that I can't believe I haven't run across sooner!

10) The Hunger Games - On blogosphere recommendation. Just have to taste this one for myself.

For any others I'm contemplating - see my TBR page or my Rory Gilmore list :) Or the new acquisitions shelf at the local library...I can never stay away from that and a book set out on an easel is my weakness!

Can't wait to see all yours! I'm sure it will help me add to mine :)

6 comments:

  1. I love The Hunger Games. I hope you enjoy it. Mansfield Park is the only Jane Austen books I've read. I enjoyed it a lot. I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games - I was pretty late reading them too, I only read them late last year and still haven't finished Mockingjay yet.

    I also need to read Mansfield Park at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my list!! I want to read The Help, too - but I have to wait till it will be released in German - this summer. But than I think I am going to wait till it comes out as a paperback. :")

    The Bell Jarr is on my "mental list"! :")

    So: Good luck with all your goals - and: I hope we'll both enjoy Mansfield Park! (No doubt in that.. )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej! I just noticed that you're following my book blog!! Thank you so much for that!!! :")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't want to spam your comments - just wanted to add that I followed your blog before I noticed your following mine - so: I follow your blog because I LIKE it - this is not just courtesy. ;")

    And: I like the bunny!! :")

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so much about The Help. I really want to fit it in this year, but I think I'm going to be stretched to the max with my challenges and dissertation stuff. *blows raspberry at diss*

    I'm sure you'll enjoy the Austen. I'm reliably informed that the reason I don't care for her is that I have no soul. *snort* Seriously, though, I think I probably just read S&S and MP at the wrong time in my life, so I mean to fix that with P&P this year.

    Also, \o/ for your daughter's boyfriend recommending a book to you! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete