Saturday, January 15, 2011

Girls Day :)

One time my friend Audrey said how much she liked museums and art galleries and how no one else she knew liked to go. I filed that one away.


Then I took an art class for school and did a paper on Jackson Pollock. After which I found out that one of Pollocks most famous works, if not an American Artists most famous work, is only 40 miles from me at a Davenport Museum. And I soooo wanted to see it in person! Something so famous. So influential.

And then came Christmas and I had a brilliant idea.

I gave my 2 friends a coupon for an all expense paid trip and lunch to Davenport to visit the Figge Museum and lunch.

It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I love my friends and we had a wonderful time!!
No photos allowed except in the lobby. So stick horse is the only piece I could get a photo of. But I really really like stick horse!



Please...if you are within 100 miles of Davenport Iowa... take a look at the website and plan a visit to this truly world class facility!!



Ah you beautiful work you!


After I got home I did manage to get quite a bit of reading done.
I love this book! Any other The Help fans out there?? Can you NOT wait for the movie too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment