Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Anna's Top Ten Most Inspirational Characters. 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!   
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND post a comment on our post with a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. If you can't come up with ten, don't worry about it---post as many as you can! THE TOPIC FOR NEXT WEEK IS:  Top Ten Books I Wished I Read as a Kid.

My List goes something like this:
 
1)     Atticus Finch - they just don't come any better. Define a good man - Atticus. He influenced me to act with grace.

2)     Jo March - full of vim and vigor and with the greatest little writing nook ever! I always wanted to BE her.

3)     Aslan - yes the lion.  To stand strong. Plus he's pretty cool too.

4)     Belle - Beauty and the Beast - because she overcame the shallow surface to give a chance to what was beneath the appearance. And she got a library. How cool is that!

5)     Hermione Granger - Smart and never ever ashamed of it!

6)      Frodo Baggins - He had no idea what he was doing, but said so and tried anyway.

7)     Ruby Thewes - Cold Mountain - she always did what needed done and never ever made apology for who she was. And she always knew what needed to be done! She inspires me everyday to just do what needs done. 

8)      Greg Mortenson - Three Cups of Tea - what a beautiful work he's left the world. He's reached out to one of the most unpopular places TO reach out and made a difference! One man and determination. Showing me it is possible.

9)     Miss Eugenia Skeeter Phelen - The Help - the nagging that things just weren't right never left her and despite the harsh consequences, she stuck it out and followed her belief. 

10)     Scarlett O'Hara - Despite her methods not always being 'the best way' she does get what she's after! And I've adopted quite a bit of what I call 'the Scarlett O'Hara principals" Don't think about that today, think about that tomorrow; Tomorrow is another day, Fiddle Dee Dee :) She has chutzpah, no two ways about it.
 
I'm sure there are others, Ebenezer Scrooge made my alternates list. I'll look forward to seeing all of yours! :)

7 comments:

  1. Aslan and Hermione are great characters for this list. I forgot to put them on mine. Ebenezer did make mine. I've heard of a lot of your other characters, but I haven't read the books with them in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost put Jo on my list, she's such a good choice. And now i'm even more excited to have The Help on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an awesome list. I really want to read Three Cups of Tea after today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our lists are fairly similar. Good call on Greg Mortensen. I didn't even think of him. I did add a real person, Ocsar Schindler, but the book, Schindler's List, is considered fiction. I donated a buck-a-book to Greg's organization at the end of the year to help build more schools in Central Asia.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great list! I love Atticus, Jo, Belle, Hermione, and Scarlett as well. Atticus made my list.

    Reading Lark's Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list :)
    #3 is interesting to me, because when I initially started my list, I thought that at the top of it should be the Gods... but... I didn't want to deal with the religious fallout of including gods on a list of fictional characters... when all I'd really meant was that they were figures in books.
    But... you really don't get more inspirational than those guys... and Aslan is pretty much an extension of that.

    ReplyDelete