Friday, January 14, 2011

Hopping around... cuz that's what we bunnies do



This week's question comes from Barb who blogs at Sugarbeat's Books:
 
 "Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"
Good question. I read a lot of different genres and I think what draws me to one book over another are the characters, the story, and the writing. I like mainstream lit, but if the characters aren't believable then I won't enjoy the read. 
As I sit here contemplating, I'm finding it hard to put my finger on. Except that always always always the writing must be good.
Otherwise, I think I'm to an age where I like things that 'matter'. That show us something about life.. be it a truth about life or a lie of life. 
 
And people. I love people :) which is good, since I am one....which segways nicely to the next hop... 

What makes up your non-human family??

My kids tell me I'm not allowed to talk about the cats anymore...

But since you asked >:)


 The white one actually lives with my mom right now. That's Baby. Tibby and Marci aren't this small anymore. They are the little kittens (in the towel and in the grass) We bottle raised them after their mother abandoned them. Juliette is the grouchy looking gray...another rescue. And the one at the bottom is Romeo...a farm cat now a hugely spoiled pampered house cat and 17 pounds.

 

Thanks for asking :)

 

I'll look forward to meeting all you guys' non-human family members.


10 comments:

  1. Cats make wonderful non-human family! :) Looks like you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitties are so cute! I love kitties and my co-workers don't like me to talk about them anymore either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Happy Friday I'm just stopping by for Follow Friday and the hop. I can't believe its Friday already but I hope you have a fabulous weekend and get lots of reading done.

    Danielle
    Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping through and hope you're enjoying your weekend. You can find my answer and FEVERfest recap at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, your cats are such cuties! So sweet!

    I'm stopping by via Follow Friday and just wanted to wish you a happy hop!


    I'm a new follower now, so be sure to take some time and swing by my blog. I'm currently throwing my first giveaway right now so be sure to check it out while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cuties!! New follower! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! Giving away Rot & Ruin and Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't listen to those kids! You have my permission to talk about those beautiful kitties ANY time you want to! :-D

    ReplyDelete