Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Glance to the Past - 2010

This year has been a whirlwind. It did not bring me everything I asked for but so much more than I expected.



This year saw me break my blog in two and have my much neglected home blog and my break-away book blog which I started in about June. And I'm really feeling like I've come home.

So to take a quick look....

March saw me join my first reading challenge over at Callipidder Days.. and looking back I realized I hadn't visited there in awhile.

I joined and finished a Summer Reading Challenge

In August I decided to finish my degree and went back to school as a VERY non-traditional student. I thought at the outset that I was just doing it to help my current, good position. But I'm re-thinking

I joined, but did not finish (yet) a fall reading challenge - these challenges are great! I find myself stumbling across books I"ve overlooked or haven't heard of and find my horizons broadened with every season.

October changed my whole world..for the good! I discovered the glory of Iowa City... a college town full of life I didn't think I'd ever find again. And a very plausible option for somewhere to live other than here.

And I did my first, or many, meme. I don't want my whole blog to be just a meme roll, but I join in from time to time and LOVE reading them too!

November made me realize that 3 classes, 2 teenage girls and 1 full time job, make me pretty busy and not always able to blog :(

December brought me straight A's in school and things going pretty smoothly at home. My girls did good in school too and seem pretty happy right now. Weather is annoying, but it is Iowa.

And now, in the lull between the numbers, I'm looking forward to 2011 and wondering how it will play out and making plans anyway, but ready to modify, adjust, and overcome at a moments notice.

And hopefully get to read TONS of amazing books :)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like 2010 was a good year for you! I've been to Iowa City twice (to attend summer workshops for writing) and I just loved everything about it. Granted, I've never experienced an Iowa winter! Have a Happy New Year, and hope 2011 is filled with books and other great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding my blog through Book Blogs. I'm now following you and look forward to visiting often.
    Happy New Year~
    Kim
    http://sugarcreekcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura :) great post and great blog! Thank you for the follow and I'm also a follower of you. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

    All the best to you, and Happy New Year!

    Cynthia
    The Wytch's Mirror

    ReplyDelete