Friday, December 17, 2010

Perfect Book for the weather and Follow Friday! yay!

I am having so much fun leisurley reading Dr. Zhivago. I'm not very far into it but so far I'm enthralled.

Part of it could be that I'm reading the perfect book for the perfect weather! We have 11 inches of snow on the ground with wind and everyone all bundled up everywhere they go. So very perfect for the Russian setting.

I can't wait until this weekend when I can curl up in my chair, turn on the Christmas tree lights and relish this reading!

I love the questions this week for Follow Friday so I'm going to join in that too.



Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View.
My answer to this week's Follow Friday question:

What did you study in college, or are currently studying and did it lead to your current 9 to 5 or are you doing something totally different?


Funny you should ask.... I just went back to school... I like to tell people I'm working on my Masters.. and I am... but I have to finish my Associates first...then my Bachelors... then... well you get it...

The odd part is I'm 45, so not exactly traditional. I'm in class with my daughter's friends and she is even taking one of the High School sponsored College classes at the same time I'm taking it! So we shared a book... how wierd is that!

My major? Oh..well... we'll see ;) I work in animal nutrition now, and while my goals aren't specifically Ag oriented, they sure won't hurt in the type of position I'm pursuing, and I've had suggestions from management that it may behoove me to consider a degree in IT. I dunno. 

I think the direction my blogging has gone is a stronger indication that the stacks are where my heart lies. Hmmm trained in IT and loves to get lost in the stacks... wonder what goes together like that???  

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting some weather too! Have fun back in school! I wish I could have gone for 10 more years :) Not as much a fan of being a grown up as I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I'm jealous of all your snow, we have about 4 inches here and I'm ready for more! I think it's because I work from home so I don't have to drive in it:) I would love to go back to school at some point, there's always new things I'm ready to learn! I'm a new follower here and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Great answer, BTW. Good luck with the Masters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you in going to school! I'm 32 and just recently went back too, so I understand about the non-traditional part of it. It's disconcerting sometimes when the kids in my class haven't even heard of things I loved as a child. Do you find that's the case for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you loads of luck going back to school, I'm a new follower , love the look and as for snow though we didn't get a lot I'm tired of it already.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete