Thursday, May 29, 2014

To infinity and.... somewhere other than here. Day 4



http://www.armchairbea.com/2014/05/link-it-up-beyond-borders.htmlBeyond the Borders 
It’s time to step outside your comfort zone, outside your borders, or outside of your own country or culture. Tell us about the books that transported you to a different world, taught you about a different culture, and/or helped you step into the shoes of someone different from you. What impacted you the most about this book? What books would you recommend to others who are ready or not ready to step over the line? In essence, let’s start the conversation about diversity and keep it going! 

 I've been a boy on a deserted beach trying to tame a big black horse,.
I've been a headstrong girl scribbling away in my attic writing nook,
I've been a family of children living in an abandoned railcar scrounging little plates and chipped cups. I've been a wump running from the pollutions.
I've gone on a grand adventure with a guy named Frodo
and I've seen terror with a weird dude named Edgar.

These are the books and stories that have taken me away. The ones that when I think of them I still get a feel for WHERE they are and all the attending details of time, place, season, location, culture etc. With these (and many more)
I've been to the past and to the future.
I've been home and far, far from anyone's home.

This sedentary transportation is why I read! It thrills and delights, terrifies, and consoles. But above all, it warms my heart. Both in the travel... but especially. ..In the coming home.




PS~ in case you're wondering: The Black Stallion, Little Women, The Boxcar Children, The Wump World, The Hobbit, All Edgar Allen Poe. 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love how you wrote up this post! Very creative! Alas, the only two you posted that I've read are Little Women and The Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been most of those things, too! Books do that for me better than any other medium.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you interpreted the question.
    It's why we all read - to escape into another world; to live another life...and to come home safely again :-)
    Brona's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I definitely use reading to escape my own life and live someone elses. Well done!

    ReplyDelete