Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day: A Sunday Salon for 2014


Time // 7:49 a.m.
Eating // Nothing ~ and need to start eating lighter. I had two little bowls of ice cream yesterday!
Drinking // coffee... with B on my lap. 

Weather // Expecting strong storms today right about the time I need to have my baby girl (now 19) at the airport to go to England
READING // Frankenstein ~ Mary Shelley
I knew this would be different than the movies I've seen, but indeed, this makes the monster so very much more allegorical to what is going on in  Frankenstein's mind.


LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
My girls are home so no listening to audiobooks while they're in the car

So Long Insecurity ~ haven't picked this up in a couple days.

Watching // Made my oldest watch Frozen with us. :) I LOVE this movie!!
Music // My oldest has turned me on to some Lana Del Ray. Great stuff!
Blogging // I need to start making it a priority to yak books on here at least 3 times a week!! Is there such a thing as a Mother's Day resolution???
Acquisitions // 
I'm looking so forward to reading The Little Locksmith!! My daughter found these for me during move-out from her first year of college.. 
Which, by the way, how can THAT be possible!
Hating  //  Budgeting... just how many books a month CAN I reasonably say I can sell?
Loving // opportunities. ~ My daughter is going to London TODAY!!!!!

Writing // I keep thinking I'll get that 500 words a day thing going again! How about starting today..
Avoiding // I don't know.. the whole my bills, moms bills, kids bills thing is still a little wibbly-wobbly (paid but not tightly handled if that makes sense) but I'm doing a bit better with not coming in so close to the wire. 
I met with the Director of the Community Development Group for the town I'm planning on opening Among The Stacks in. 
VERY ENCOURAGING!!!
I'm trying to find ways to get creative with my side of the financing. 
 
OH... and of course.. it's Mother's Day. :)
Being a mother is the BEST thing that ever happened to me and my favorite job in the world!! I could care less if they ever get me Mom's Day presents of try to act a little more conscientious about picking up after themselves on this day. I'm just SO happy they are here!
But I may not get to see my own mom on this day. I miss her, even when I do get to see her. Alzheimer's is the number one most heartbreaking thing I've ever experienced. It's so unfair. But I try not to let her see that when I visit.. I try to make it a fun and encouraging time. I hope I DO get to see her today. I'll try to make it work somehow! 
 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! How exciting that your daughter is going to London!

    I unexpectedly got a big kick out of Frozen, too.

    You might like British Isles Friday on my blog -- you could link up your thoughts about the Hardy and the Shelley books, not to mention news of your daughter's trip. Here's the most recent one: http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2014/05/09/english-baroque-in-fact-fiction-brifri/

    ReplyDelete