Monday, May 26, 2014

BEA14 Intro! Woot Let's Do This!!

Hi all,
Sooo excited to get to take part this year... so here goes!

ahem...

Question 1)
although this seems like 5 questions right here!... I'm Laura and my blog Bunny Tales is an offshoot from a decorating/crafting/up-cycling blog I started a bazillion years ago called The Shabby Rabbit.

I suppose I've been at this about 5 years with greater or lesser verve. I got into blogging... book blogging... because of my overwhelming love of books and my sheer joy that there were things like 'reading challenges' going on in cyberspace! I just HAD to join in...

So thank Callipider Days (which I can't find anymore) for my first accidental step into book blogging :)

I'm from a wee town in Eastern Iowa called Maquoketa. There's usually a bit of debate about the exact meaning of that Mesquakie word (pronounced Mah-coke-a-tah), but it's usually pretty close to say it means Bears were here. But they're not anymore.... I don't think?

Question 2)
My blog in one sentence...
The personal adventures of a non-trad blogger through the literary world as she records her knee jerk reactions to everything from classics to the worst recommendations at a steady-by-jerks pace.

Question 4)
Favorite book last year....
I had a very good reading year last year so choosing is a tad bit...well.. impossible so here are my ties for favorite last year




And for this year so far... two have really caught me this year... the literary Olive Kitteridge was one and I wish I'd read it sooner! But the one that really made me happy was..
I was well pleased with how he handled the transition from The Shinning to a grown, independent, a tad effed-up Dan Torrence. and the story was so King!

Question 7) My blogger buds!
These two have been my constant readers and I am inspired by their blogs as well! We've never met in person, but I consider them both friends..

http://jennielyse.com/


http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/

Go say hi!! They'd enjoy the visit :)

Question 8) Favorite reading related quote
I'm such a fan... I can't help it :)

Now.... off to read and CHEER! :) Let's be BOOKISH!!!

17 comments:

  1. New follower! You're very witty! I love it! I feel like I'll get kicked out of the book club for mentioning this, but I've never actually read anything by Stephen King. How crazy is that?

    Intro & Lit
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic quote! I've never read Stephen King either but I'm inspired to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a Stephen King book, but I'm hoping to make Doctor Sleep my first. It sounds so interesting! If I had all the time in the world I'd spend it reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be a popular quote, I haven't decided if I want to read Doctor Sleep yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you described your blog in one sentence. It's so awesome, lol! And, all this time, I didn't realize you lived in Iowa. My husband lived in Cedar Rapids for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your blog has a lot of variety! I remember that blog Callipider Days too but not sure what happened to it. Love the blog buttons of your favorite bloggers, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Callipder Days, too. Isn't it funny how place names we grew up with sometimes are hard for others to pronounce? I grew up with Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, etc., but when my daughter went to college in NE Ohio, she didn't know how to say any of the names! my husband is from Iowa, so we've been out there many times. Nishnabotna! Okoboji!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Beautiful Ruins but I definitely want to! I've heard / read so many good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo yes, I really liked Beautiful Ruins too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read Beautiful Ruins! I must fix that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quote! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a love hate relationship with Stephen King! He writes some great stuff, but I lose a lot of sleep because it can haunt me for days! I hope you enjoy ABEA! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Intro. Interesting meaning to the town's name. And the Stephen King quote is perfect. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Laura @ Through Raspberry Colored Glasses

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to love Callipider Days too, miss it lots. She had great reviews and events.
    I need Doctor Sleep in my life... oh how I do.
    Great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting to read Beautiful Ruins. Here is something funny... I could not for the life of me remember Jenny Lawson's name, or the title of her book as I was talking to a co-blogger just this week. I am so glad to see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Ruins has been on my TBR for a while. I really should make time for it soon! New connection on Goodreads ☺

    ReplyDelete