Friday, September 30, 2011

Some things you don't pass up


I've been listening to The Night Circus on my commutes the last few trips here to Iowa City and I've been enjoying this book so very much! On a brief stroll through the bookstore here at the hospital the other day I had seen a copy on the New Relases shelf. Now that I've been here a couple days I was seriously missing this book. (and isn't Jim Dale just the bee's kness!!)

Hey! (I says to me) The books store has a copy, why don't you just go buy it and you can read from where you left off listening! (I mean it, I like this book!).

I held off for a bit, buuuut, then I couldn't find something for my daughter to read up at the patients library and the thought crossed my mind again, like a herd of buffalo! And there was no resisting.

So I traipsed down there and there it sat, all shiney and new and hardbacked. I almost didn't get it since I forgotten it was going to be hardback, being just released and all. But then... I saw the sticker...20% off, which made me take a step closer....and then.... I saw the other sticker!!

"Autographed Copy".

Snag.
Mine.

Now here I sit and I can't bring myself to read it. I mean really what if I hurt it? What if I fingerprint-smudge up all the pages and the dust jacket? Nope this is a keeper... but I do so want to read it. arggghhhh. dilemma!

I'm thrilled to have it however. And I'll love it..and pet it... and squeeze it...and hug it.... ;)

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of when I was browsing in a used bookstore and I came to the Alice Hoffman section. I snatched up Skylight Confessions right away because it sounded amazing, and I was debating on whether or not I wanted to spend what little money I had on a second Hoffman novel, Ice Queen. I opened it up to read the first few pages to help me decide and I saw that it was autographed!! I was so excited since Hoffman is one of my favorite writers. Of course, I snatched it up (it was only $4!!). I still can't believe I found an autographed copy of a Hoffman novel at a used bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome find! I was lucky enough to snag an ARC of the book. I couldn't put it down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This definitely is a collectible. I haven't read it yet, though, but with all the great reviews, I must have it!

    ReplyDelete