Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - tattling on myself

So it's Tuesday again and I'm happy to be able to once again join in
Top Ten Tuesday! Graciously hosted each week by the fine folks at The Broke and the Bookish


I don't have a lot of time, or to be honest energy, this week. My daughter is still in the hospital for her last round of chemo but she had to go and scare us and ended up in ICU for a night. All is well now and I'm so looking forward to life getting back to normal in the near future....sooo ...normal for me is Top Ten Tuesday...

and this weeks topic is top ten books I'm the only one on the face of the planet who hasn't read this...

I know! I know!! 
BUT! I went a bought a copy last night because I was in dire need of escapism and this fit the bill... I got to page 95 before I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer!

A few others but I think they all pale in comparison to how far behind the curve I am with the Hunger Games...
2.

 I do own a copy though.

3.
I own a copy of this too.

 4.
And yes I own a GWTW copy too...started it once but had to read for school

5.
You guessed it... I actually JUST picked up a copy a couple of weeks ago.

6.
You know what... I have no business buying books!! really!!

7.
I promise right here and right now...the next challenge I enter will be 'read your own books' challenge

8.
I'm not even going to say it!!

9.
ANY Janet Evanovich
*whistles and looks guiltily around*

10. shew!

I DO NOT own a copy of this.... I don't think...I have some penguin classics and I guess I should double check...BUT to the best of my knowledge, this one isn't on my shelf. ;)

How about you guys??

8 comments:

  1. I consider #5, 6, 7, and 8 all among my favorites. The Poisonwood Bible is good too.

    Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I loved that you put The Hunger Games as the first one on your list. I know you've wanted to read it for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I need to enter a read your own books challenge too!

    Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my very favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you've got some amazing books still to read, which is a good thing in a way- nothing like that first read of a great book! And you're not the only person not to have read The Hunger Games- I'm another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now follow both of your blogs and follow you on twitter-I see you are a cat lover and invite you to visit with my two Siamese brothers on the top of my right sidebar

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many good books to read! Okay go get offline and go read te hunger games NOW! GO!!!! :->

    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post :)I read The Hunger Games, and Gatsby and Anna for college.

    Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished Middlesex last week. I had owned it for a couple of years, and I was so happy to be able to move it to my 'read' shelf. It's an amazing book. 5 stars.

    I've had Atonement staring at me from my bookshelf too for quite some time.

    I highly recommend Memoirs of a Geisha and The Great Gatsby. I've read Gatsby a couple of times already, and plan to read it again someday. The images in Gatsby are so strong. I really get caught up in the descriptions. I love it. The movie based on Memoirs of a Geisha is fantastic too.

    I have mixed feelings about Handmaid's Tale (I have mixed feelings about all of the novels I read by Atwood, come to think of it). I loved the epilogue to it, though. It completely changed how I thought of the story.

    New follower!!

    ReplyDelete