Thursday, September 15, 2011

BBAW Blogging changed me bookishly

We have no blogs without books! Today’s topic explores that even more!
Book bloggers blog because we love reading. Has book blogging changed the way you read? Have you discovered books you never would have apart from book blogging? How has book blogging affected your book acquisition habits? Have you made new connections with other readers because of book blogging? Choose any one of these topics and share your thoughts today!
 
My original blog happened to feature books after I read something good, I didn't review every book but I did have a 'now reading' widget on my sidebar...then I ran across a couple other book bloggers, that was the gateway to the book blogging community and it wasn't long before I had to separate my 'like and home' blog from my book blog.

And then my TBR pile grew like like an anthill near a molasses factory! (I hear that's really fast).
I credit challenges for this more than anything. They give me great suggestions but also make me go out and look for things that fit the topics and thats a lot of fun and you find some cool books that way too!
Here are just a few of the books I wouldn't have read if it hadn't been for book blogging:




Books have basically gone from a passionate hobby in my life to mainstream and high priority and my passion.

Oh and since I started book blogging I've decided to go back to school. So basically, blogging didn't just change my reading...it changed my LIFE!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the ant analogy...or antalogy, if you will ;-)

    There are some great books on your list, some of which I, too, discovered through blogging. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like an anthill near a molasses factory? I've never heard that expression before. I'm trying to picture it in mind. I keep thinking the molasses going to the ant hill when in reality it's the other way and that would be pretty fast, lol. (I'm expressionally challenged. I often mix my metaphors ... badly.)

    ReplyDelete