Friday, September 16, 2011

Blogging Boosts

Today’s Topic
The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.

I'm not sure I've developed 3 tried and true practices but here are somethings I do like to incorporate.
 1.  Comment sincerely on other blogs - really, when I do a hop I look for something I can honestly relate to or that really struck me to comment on. It's what I like in comments so I figure it may be what other's appreciate.


 2.   Go blog hopping on my own. The followers block is a great place to randomly find other blogs and ways to connect.
So are challenges and their participant lists. Which is one of my tried and true favorites!!
 


3. See now I'm stuck...not sure I have a third.. I utilize a template for reviews. I try to post consistently, but that doesn't always happen and ...I write from the heart about what I like and what I don't and
I'm impressed every day with the quality of your blogs! You blow my socks off!

What would I like to try

1. More Twitter - but I have a hard time keeping up with it. Probably could use some tips and tricks there!
I don't use facebook but that's because my r/l friends are there - so are some professional contacts and since I'm contemplating a career change, maybe not the best place to be advertising that.

  2. More arc reviews. - I'm getting the hang of it, but don't always have a lot of time right this second to read arc's in a timely enough manner to be effective. In the future though I'd like to do more of this.

3. Real Life contacts - here's a question...I'm forming a relationship with a library and encouraging book talks and workshops there and I want to attend more book festivals etc. ...Is it stupid or laughable to have a business card for my blog?? I would especially like one with a QR code on it!! Does anyone else do that?

I'm so bummed BBAW is almost over...but fear not... I appreciate you guys not only this week but every single day!!!!

10 comments:

  1. The answer to your question is: Yes. I have seen a TON of bloggers with business cards and a very good number of them with QR codes. You won't be alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good list. I agree on #1 , it's great to see that someone actually reads the posts instead of just writing "Great review." And I've also received many business cards from bloggers, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of people have business cards for their blogs! I don't, but I've thought about it. And I think a QR code is a great idea! Twitter is tough for me, but I got some great advice from people on Wednesday's post about that and look forward to trying it out. I, too, use Facebook mostly for personal things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have business cards for my blog. I pass them out all the time. I have been looking into adding a QR code, just can't decide if it will be helpful or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me stupid but what is a QR code? I think a biz card is logical and what a great idea bridging the real world of books with your bookish spot in the blogosphere. Sometimes we get so caught up with networking online that we forget to do the same face to face.

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having such a hard time with #1 right now with this week's blog hops. Okay, I've always struggled with it. I can usually comment honestly on a handful of blogs, but on others, I have no idea what book they're referring to. I think "I haven't read that book yet" is getting old. I'm getting frustrated, lol, and I'm thinking about not participating anymore. Maybe, I just need to comment on those blogs that I can relate to. We'll see. ;)

    Great list of tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know some individuals have cards & have been thinking about this issue myself, liking the idea of QR codes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS, have you seen this.
    http://kimtag.com/s/personal_qr_code?gclid=COG7h4jooqsCFeomtAodRRErkA

    ReplyDelete
  9. parrish: that's funny I was just there today and built my QR code and then designed a card. :)

    Molly: QR code is that square code that's a type of bar code, except people scan it with their smart phones and automatically gives them the web address and email, you can do a short description, profile. pretty cool stuff! Tons of uses!

    ReplyDelete