Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW - Community



Monday's Topic
Community
While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!

Well my first response to this topic is to direct your attention to my blog roll on my sidebar. Each and every one of the blogs there have made an impact on me, each and every one has impressed me, and I'd love to get to know each and every one of the authors of these amazing blogs better!

I've gleaned a lot of blog knowledge from my consummate lurking addiction. I'm still trying to figure out a couple of the neat things I've seen done with color blocks etc. And I love the forwarding of strong opinions but hope those of you with opposite opinions can agree to disagree. I'd hate to see a community with such a wonderful commonality divided by anything.

There are a couple of bookish-folk out there whose path I cross more regularly and who I look forward to running into:

Anne @ My Head is Full of Books. Love her blog! She finds the coolest stuff and the 'look' of her blog is great too. Plus we are in the same age bracket AND she's a librarian (which is MY aspiration). We also have some life experiences in common (unfortunately right Anne) but its a strong bond and one I hope none of you join us in!! Because, frankly, it sucks! Anne however is amazing and I stand up and applaud her strength and remind her they are in my prayers!



These two are always a joy to visit!! First off their blog is so very well written! I can't help but love it, plus they almost always make me laugh! They find awesome books and I always enjoy their discussions! I wish I had time to join their challenge this time...OH plus their Hoosiers! Ok so I lived in Evansville which is clear at the other end of the state, and now I live in Iowa.... but still!

And my new found friend who never fails to comment for me and I hope I get to her blog with as much dedication is:

I love her story on how she got back into reading!! It goes to show that all books serve a purpose and I also love how her blog is written and we have a lot in common. So it's fun to rub elbows with bookish-folk that get you even is you are nearly 1000 miles away. She's a killer photographer and I love that she throws in Wordless Wednesdays! I'm very glad we've bumped into each other and I very much enjoy all her posts and more than that, I very much look forward to them! :)

There are so many others! I seriously, seriously would love to list everyone! And I could list a paragraph on WHY you are there too! You...yes YOU...make blogging worthwhile and make this community such an amazing corner of the blogosphere!

8 comments:

  1. Aw! Thank you! I'm so glad that we have met and become friends! I really love reading your posts and chatting with you in the comments and on Twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book blogging community is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from BBAW! I'm loving reading about all these blogs I've never heard of.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. not aware of these, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out. You are too kind. Let me say a few things about your comments about my blog and me!
    1. I went back and got my library endorsement six years ago after 25 years of teaching. You can do it! I love my job and it has saved my career!

    2. My husband is doing great. He had surgery and needs no other chemo or anything. Thank you for your prayers. I will continue to lift up you and your daughter. I can't believe how upbeat you sound when it must be such a drain. Blessing. Blessings. blessings.

    3. And I am in good company. I often visit Jenny Elyse and the Two Bibliomaniacs blogs, as well as yours. A am not worthy!

    Have good week with your daughter at home. Remember to rest and breathe.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooo much for including us in this great post!!!! You brought a smile to of face(s) and made our day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know any of the bloggers you've mentioned. Thank you for highlighting them! I hope you're having a great BBAW so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am stopping by to visit your blog via the list of posts for Day one

    Please Stop by My Blog if you Like

    I hope you have a good book blog week

    ReplyDelete