Today's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the ever gracious folks at the Broke and the Bookish, asks us,
Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope Are Still Being Read In 30 Years
There are so many books from the past that I'm still trying to catch up reading that I actually had a hard time putting this list together! Everything I chose was over 10 years old! Almost...but there are some that I've had the privilege to read that should make an impression for years and years and years to come.
1. The Book Theif - Markus Zusak - it's got such wonderful character and lends so much information to such an awful time , touching, and so well crafted.
5. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver - After I read this book, I never looked at my food or food choices the same again! This could be the modern version of 'Silent Spring'
6. Cold Mountain - Charles Frazier - This is literature. Simply literature. This is writing for the ages. It is Prose in a narrative world. I loved every sentence of this book. It did not rush, no matter how much I thought it should and it led me, involved me, in every path it took.
7. The Road - Cormac McCarthy - Allegory lives. On the surface, a post-apocalyptic novel about a man and his young son seeking safety. On another level, well .... I'll let you decide.
8. Looking For Alaska - John Green - Green is a master of our time. Considered a Young Adult author, there is nothing short of great literature between the pages of ANY Green book, but especially Looking For Alaska and it's how it handles sensitive subjects and important topics.
9.The Kitchen Counter Cooking School - Kathleen Flinn - If we all realized how easy it is to cook, perhaps we could break our unhealthy addiction to the fast and the over-processed! Me included...actually me Especially! :)
10. Of course, Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling. And I have no doubt this one will hold true!! :)
So there it is, I'm sure I'll come back with tons for my TBR list once I take off and wander around all your lists!