Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Monday May 7th

This is my first participation in this meme although I have been lurking and reading IMWAYR posts from you all for quite some time :) I read so slow though (due to time, not because I'm bad at it), that I have felt that my posts would be quite redundant.

But maybe not, so I thought I'd give it a go :)

This week I finished:


I started this as an Audiobook and finished up with the print version. I didn't care for the audio at all. I did enjoy the print but was a bit "Meh" on the ending.



I am currently reading: 
This takes a brain shift after Mockingjay. I am enjoying it but having a devil of a time remembering who is who!! And soooo trying to keep the movie out of my imagination as I read. I'm not far into it yet. I may have to make notes! ;)

Also

I've been dying to read this! It is laugh-out-loud funny but not exactly what I expected. I can't wait to get back to it each afternoon! I'm a little over half done I think.

This is the first time I've used the free Kindle reading app with a loan from our public library. This is purty slick!!


And
I started this as a galley but dropped the ball and didn't get it done... so I went and bought it and am finishing it. :) Hope to get back to it again pretty soon, I'm neglecting it again and not because I don't like it, I actually LOVE it!! Mostly because I don't think of myself as much of a cook and it's nice when I see other people struggle with food and win too!

Coming up:


and a WHOLE lot of other choices

Bookish things to do this week:

I've applied for a position on the local Library Board of Directors. There is a meeting on Wednesday and I hope to crash it since I don't think the position has been assigned yet.

I hope they want me!! :)

8 comments:

  1. oh - that's a great choice of books! Love the combination of Austen and Bryson!

    Oh - and: fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a nice variety of books. Hope you enjoy them all. Here's
    MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the meme! Fingers crossed for the position!
    Here's My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the job! You have such varied taste! I am sorry you didn't like Mockingjay more.

    DT from Dead Trees and Silver Screens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read the Suzanne Collins' books. I have the first one on my Nook. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for your first It's Monday! Good luck with the library board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices, although Mansfield Park is my least favourite Austen book. I very recently read A Walk in the Woods and loved it, it was so funny, hope you enjoy it! The cooking book sounds interesting, I'm curious to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished Mockingjay this past week and I actually loved it! Sorry that you didn't love it as much but hey if we all had the same opinions what a boring world this would be!

    ReplyDelete