Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Miracle of Christmas carries me through..

Life is life and death is death and a holiday, no matter how wonderful, can not stop either... especially death.

So how do you try to celebrate the birth of the Lord at the same time as mourning the passing of a father.

My dad is going to die. He was moved to a 'hospice like' ward of the hospital today. We are going to lose him. Maybe yet tonight, or tomorrow, at the outside 2 or 3 days.

The Miracle of Christmas says that I can have a personal relationship with the Lord and I can go to him in need, happiness, and grief. It says that Jesus came as a baby, lived a human life, died a human death bearing upon him all our sins, and overcame death by resurrection and ascent into heaven to show us that Our God can overcome the grave. Through the Miracle of Christmas and the gift God gave the world, my dad, a believer, will never die but have eternal life. Not with us though.

But I'll miss him.. it will actually shatter my heart and scar 1/2 my being with the depth of the grief of having him gone from my life.

And I'm actually so sad that from now on Christmas will be associated with this event. But I"m glad that they are both in college so they have had him in their lives for so long.

Dad... oh I'll miss you.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are your family are going through this, but I do commend your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. It was so hard to lose my mom, but she died suddenly. I'm not sure how I would've dealt with knowing that she was going to die. That has to be so difficult. I hope you can find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete