Saturday, December 7, 2013

Review: Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan


Title: Glitter and Glue
Author: Kelly Corrigan
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Pages: 224
Why I read this book: Advance Readers Copy

I loved this book! I enjoy memoirs but I also connected with this book on a deeper-than-voyeur level. 

Kelly Corrigan had set off on an adventure after college to experience life as a thrill seeking world traveler and obviously ended up being most deeply impacted by the comparatively most mundane; Family life and human connections there in. The connection between Kelly as a young woman with a tenuous, morphing relationship with her mother and the dichotomy of her working as a nanny for a motherless family was beautifully done!! I was impressed with the effortless connections and wisdom she entwined into the telling of this part of her life without being preachy or simplistic. 

Corrigan is so dang likable and I'm glad she choses to share her world with us readers, but I miss the Tanner's too. I felt just as connected to them! I received Glitter and Glue as an Advanced Readers Copy but my reaction and opinion are as heartfelt as if I'd found it in the stacks. I will also be looking to read her other works as soon as possible. No matter what your relationship with your mom, there is a connection to be felt and insight to be had from this wonderfully written memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment