Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Salon Dec 15 2013

Sunday Salon December 15th 

tssbadge1
Place // I'm in my typical chair.
Time // 12:08 p.m.
Eating // homemade chicken enchillads on a bed of spicy refried beans.
Drinking // Coffee as usual, but this time I splurged with Vanilla Creamer this time
Reading: Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
I've opted to slow down the read of this instead of doing the mad sprint to the end of the year, challenge meeting, books-read-numbers-buffering. Just read it.

READING // Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
I've been working on my debt and next year's budget and in doing so I read reference to this plan. I started reading it and am making notes... not of it seems so sound. But I'll get to that in a later post. And over on my other blog where I'm writing about this process
http://muselandings.blogspot.com/
LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
I've never read any Hardy and this sounds good! Plus I found a blog post with one of those charts that's "if you like that, you'll like this" about the subplots from Love Actually and based on the Colin Firth sub-plot it said I'd like this.
Finished  // The Expats by Chris Pavone
2 1/2 stars. Wasn't my favorite. Certainly NOT what I was expecting.

Watching // Supernatural!! Gyod I love this show!
Music // I was on Pandora 90's last night and they were kicking butt!
Blogging // Did some posts on my other blog. Wasn't really in the mood to review The Expats because I was so disappointed in it.
Acquisitions // Library books. 
Hating  // My dad is in the hospital 500 miles away. My step-family says that he'll be ok. but I wish I could go to him.
Loving // I don't know. My world seems to be teetering on an edge at the moment.

Writing // Did a little bit of writing. Dawn has been on my radar. I need more plot work.
Avoiding // Mom's situation because I really don't know what to do.

Praying for my dad. He's 86 1/2. This is not good. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your father...and your mother's situation, which I know a little about from perusing your previous posts.

    I think slowing down with your reading sounds good at this point...and other times too. There's no sense in doing a mad rush to the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your family issues work out...and slowing down the reading sounds like a plan. I am doing that, because I actually arrived at my reading goal for the year. I watched Netflix all day!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thomas Hardy! And I'm sorry too about your family stuff. I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete