Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Salon December 1st

tssbadge1
Place // I'm in my typical chair.
Time // 11:05
Eating // nuffin yet. Maybe some leftovers when I'm done here
Drinking // Coffee as usual, but this time I splurged and got some hazelnut creamer for Thanksgiving 
Reading: Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
Will be putting this on hold for a bit as I read ...

// glitter and glue by Kelly Corrigan. This was sent to me as an Advanced Readers Copy and I'm so flattered I thought it only right that I read it straight away and give my honest opinion/review of it. So far I've only just read the first few pages and while it starts out rather heavy, I am very very much enjoying it! I actually do love memoirs!



About 1/2 way through // The Expats by Chris Pavone
Not as enamored with it as I was. Pretty straight up spy/thriller stuff. 
Watching // Getting read to put in Anna Karenina... I've tried to watch this 3 times and never ever can I pay attention!! Not because it's not quality, it's just me 
Music // Not sure what I'll listen to at this point.... probably Nora and Billie and Taylore
Blogging // Still not doing awful. I have a couple of drafts going and a couple posts on my other blogs.
Acquisitions // I don't think I've added anything this week. Which is good~ WAIT!! that's not right. I got my copy of "glitter and glue" in the mail as an ARC. Unsolicited and I was so ecstatic!! :)
Hating  // Making bad decisions, which is all I ever seem to do and it ends up getting people hurt. 
Loving // Wrapping myself in the cozy comfort that is my home. Which I've found out means I will probably be on my own for the rest of my life and I've also found out that maybe, just maybe that's not a reason to panic. I can add a million friends and still maintain the space that keeps people from getting hurt. Win win there.

Writing // Did quite a bit of writing this weekend. Mostly self recriminating stuff and vows to quit riding dysfunctional merry-go-rounds.
Avoiding // I still have a hard time visiting my mom. But mostly I'm avoiding admitting to others the horrible messed up fickle shallow person I know I am and have been repeatedly chiding myself for being. I really AM working on not being that way!!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I shared it with ALL the people that matter most to me in the whole world except my Dad and my step-family but that's because they live two states away. I made a truly kick-ass pumpkin pie.... covered it with a kitchen towel while it cooled, and the CAT promptly walked across it... :) Life in my home continues as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I read "Expats" awhile back and didn't end up liking it either. Too bad I had high hopes for it. Here's my thoughts on it http://www.thecuecard.com/node/701. I'm impressed you're reading Master & Commander. I enjoyed that movie. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete