Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Salon December 22, 2013... snow day!


tssbadge1
Place // I'm in my typical chair. But today i have 2 cats on my right arm. 
Time // 10:11
Eating // nada yet
Drinking // Coffee.. is there anything else?
Still Reading: Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
I didn't really get to this one very much this week because I was focused on the money book...

FINISHED READING // Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
I really am not very good with money. Even though some of the  specifics in this book were kind of dated, the principals weren't and after some initial balking, I've come to see the plan he lays out as completely do able and worth it! So I'm going to give it a try... I'll lay it allllll out on the line over on my other blog... http://muselandings.blogspot.com/
LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
I've never read any Hardy and this sounds good! Plus I found a blog post with one of those charts that's "if you like that, you'll like this" about the subplots from Love Actually and based on the Colin Firth sub-plot it said I'd like this.
Watching // Supernatural!! My oldest daughter came home from college and she is not caught up to where my youngest and I are so now we are backtracking and re-watching to catch her up.
Music // I listened to some of the new One Republic. I love them and actually have for about 5 years!! But my coworker just discovered them and likes them (she's 58) so I had my daughter rip their discography and then I put it on a jump drive for her as a Christmas present. :)
Blogging // Super busy week. Came home from work so exhausted I didn't get anything done!
Acquisitions // I don't even think I made it to the library this week. Which is bad because i"m supposed to at least once a week to restock the Friends of the Library booknook of books for sale. 
Hating  // My dad is still in the hospital. My kid won't quit a job she despises and she doesn't need it. It's just that when you aren't dealing with bull crap it's easy money... but there is always bull crap. I say leave it. 
and snow... we got a lot of snow last night and I have too much to do to deal with it, although I did get out and get shoveled. 
Loving // Despite the expense, I did get my girls what I wanted to get them. That always makes me feel like a success.

Writing // Didn't do any writing this week and feel bad about that. 
Avoiding // Still bothered by what to do with mom but I think I have a little bit of a plan. I wish this were easier.

I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful magical warm Christmas! May the spirit of caring and giving, love and wonder, follow you into the New Year!
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Master and Commander movie but have never read any of O' Brian's books, although I've been curious since I've heard he knows what he's writing about. Hope everything works out for your dad, that's hard to deal with especially at holiday times. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete