Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Authors I'd stalk

The Broke and the Bookish are so grand to host Top Ten Tuesday every week. Today's question is: Top Ten Author's you'd love to meet.  I stuck with live authors just to increase the chances.

Talented authors leave me in head-shaking awe wondering how they do it and how it seems so perfectly effortless. And I have some I'd dearly love to meet and ask them just that...

1) Stephen (my all-time fav) KING  It's not the scariness, but the people he writes that woes me everytime!

2)  John (nerd's are awesome) GREEN

3) J.K. (my words expanded the world) ROWLING

4) Ann (Appalacia's golden girl!) PANCAKE


5) Alexander (good looking and living the dream) MAKSIK


6) Barbara (changing the way I look at food forever!) KINGSOLVER
 


7) Marilynne ( authentic voice for every character) ROBINSON


8) Maya (I have more wisdom in my pinky than most anyone) ANGELOU


9) Fannie (every word seems effortless) FLAGG


10) Markus (prince of amazing prose) ZUSAK


There are tons of others, maybe they are on your list! I'll have a look at your posts to see... So hard to choose wasn't it?? Any author is a rock star to me :)

8 comments:

  1. I love your descriptions or titles. They are so accurate and true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you described all of your authors with an interjection between their first and last name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stephen King. And you're right, he can write the most amazing characters! I never even liked the horror genre till I read King.
    Nice list!

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/07/authors-i-would-die-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible. I haven't read The Book Thief yet. I will, someday, I swear! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya Angelou and Toni Morrison both make me feel like they are members of my family. They seen so nurturing and brilliant. I would love to talk to either of them.

    Come visit me at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely have to agree with Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bwahahahaah I love you authors' "middle names". I had the privilege of hearing Maya Angelou speak a few years ago in Baltimore. She was hilarious and wise. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would LOVE to meet Maya Angelou! She's on my list too.

    If you'd like to read a very EMBARRASSING account of the time I met Stephen King, then take a look at My Top Ten and a SHAMEFUL memory

    ReplyDelete