Friday, July 22, 2011

Blog Hoppin time!

Friday seems to roll around before I know it in some ways and take forever to get here in others...where the Book Blogger Hop over at Crazy For Books is concerned it certainly sneaks up on me :)

Today's Hop question is:
What genre do you wish you liked but just can't seem to like? (paraphrased of course)


Well, I suppose I feel sorta left out since I don't read Paranormal anything really. I've dabbled aka: Twilight and I know I should give it a try with something else perhaps. Suggestions for something more 'substantial' gladly accepted. That's the only one I'd kind of like to like. The other genres I avoid are simply not my thing aka: westerns (does anyone even write westerns anymore?)......
 
Oh I take that back...Christian Fiction. I'd love to like this genre. I just have a hard time with it and find what I have tried to read too over the top. Not subtle enough. Too direct.. let ME come to an 'aha' moment instead of telling me what I'm supposed to realize. I'm a smart cookie, I'll get there if you let me. Again, maybe I just haven't tried the right thing.



So yeah. Hows that for 'divergent' genres? :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by from the hop!

    Hope u have a great weekend!
    www.gracedwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like Christian fiction either. I think they're too cheesy and everything always works out in an unrealistic time frame. I also don't like that it's too good either; it's not the way life is, yet it acts like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. twilight really sparked this whole new YA paranormal genre! christian lit - i think i've read 2 books that qualify. interesting but not my thing either. westerns? i don't think i have ever READ a western! :)

    (new follower!)

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I never really got into twilight either. I think it is the fact that I really don't like to read vampire fiction in general. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer!

    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Christian books. The Amish fiction are my favorite.

    http://ramblingsofacoffeeaddictedwrter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete