Friday, July 15, 2011

Follow Friday and Blog Hop time!


This week’s featured blogger is Angela at Angela’s Anxious Life.
This week’s question is: What do you do when you’re not reading?

Well, lets see, I am still taking college classes, I work, I've been active in church, try to help out my mom, blog, and I have two teenage daughters. Most of my time now is spent at the University of Iowa Hospital Children's Hospital as my oldest daughter has leukemia. She is in round 3 of 4 month long stays for chemotherapy.


Reading has been so important to me up here. As has my blog.


This week’s Book Blogger Hop question is: How/where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use, like paperbackswap

Anywhere I can lay my hands on them:

 My Amazon wish list is full
 
Every yard sale I have to stop and look


Auctions (I once got over 300 books for $3.00 because they were going to throw them in the dumpster!! I saved as many as I could haul!)
 
LOVE the library  (and they love me cuz I'm always overdue and add to the revenue. I should have a dedicated shelf!!)


Friends - this friend brought in a whole bunch of great books to work for us to choose from


WINNING them ...that really rocks!


Bookstores - shout out to Prairie Lights here in Iowa City!! - Haunted Bookshop I'm heading your way soon

I'll be looking forward to reading all your lists for these awesome Friday memes!!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you keep busy in the real world. its been fun seeing what people do in their non-bookish time. New Follower!
    ~Rebecca
    www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your daughter doing? I always wonder about her ever since you shared that she had leukemia. I'm glad you have your blog and books to keep you busy while you're with her during the long-stays so you don't go stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni - she is doing well! Each round has it's challenges but with only one more to go after she gets out this time, It's great to see the end.

    Prognosis is excellent :)

    I'm glad I have blogs like yours to go to too so I can see how you all are doing!

    Plus we are going to the Iowa City Book Festival tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it must be tough, but at least her prognosis is good :)
    New follower.

    here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! :D
    I'm a new follower via GFC!
    This is my FF

    BTW, I'm hosting two giveaways in my blog, just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I LOVE the picture of the bunny! So cute!

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Follow My Book Blog Friday Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I'm sorry about your daughter. I can't imagine how hard that is. Glad you say her prognosis is good.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower stopping by....

    Kristin @ http://kristincanread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! new blog follower from follow friday, little late but oh well! love your page and i'm lookin forward to seeing more of your posts. hope you will stop by my blog and follow me! =]


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete