Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's Read-a-thon cheerleader

Go Readers! It your birfday! We gonna read like! It your birfday! (ok maybe not all of you can hear the song I'm parody-ing in your head, but its funny as heck in mine)

It Read-a-thon day!!

One of these times I may actually even be able to join in!

But not today. Because it's also

Junior Senior Prom day here in our town and, well, I have TWO teenage daughters. I do have some lulls in the drama schedule for getting ready and pictures so I'm going to try to cheer some folks on!! Maybe do a mini-challenge with you!

I'm reading a book right now I'm becoming tired of so I'd sure like to be able to just 'nose to the grindstone' through it with you all today!! I'll see how far I get :)

For instance over at Book Apetit! The mini challenge this hour is as follows:

Take one of the books you are reading today.  Now lets pretend that you are going to have a book discussion with friends regarding that book.  They are all coming over to your house and you are providing food and beverage to go with said book. 
  1. Title and author of the book

2.  The menu:  the food, the beverage (if you want you can go as far plan background music, decor, whatever.  :D )


I'm reading Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches (etc) by S.C. Gwynne

I'd be serving Buffalo Burgers, Cowboy Beans, Indian Bread and Sasparilla! :)

So yeah, have fun guys! I'll try to post again later but hey this really has been fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment