Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Belated Top Ten Tuesday (on Wednesday)
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
So here goes....
This weeks topic is Top Ten Books on our Fall TBR list!!
Boy oh boy do I have more than 10!!
First let me say that since I'm taking 20th Century Lit & Culture, some of these books serve a dual purpose.
1) Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison I'm reading this now for 20CLC. I'm not sure I'm a fan.
2) The Homecoming of Samuel Lake - Jenny Wingfield. Reading this from NetGalley and sooooo want to read ONLY this because I love this book and can't wait to finish it but do NOT want it to end!
3) Cocktail Hour Under The Tree of Forgetfulnes - Alexandra Fuller This is a review copy I would like to finish because it's going to be a GREAT review. This book is so good and so very very much fun!
4) The White King - Gyorgy Dragoman My youngest Angel bought this for me for my birthday and I can't wait to get to it!! It looks very interesting! This may be one of those hidden gems!
5) Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates Also for 20CLC but looks awesome. I'm so glad I've not seen the movie yet too!
6) The Catcher in The Rye - J.D. Salinger - for 20CLC. Technically I've already read this but it was so many years and 'phases' ago I'm sure I'll be coming to this book a different person and thus the book will be totally new to me too. (I also have to read The Things They Carried for this class but I literally JUST read it so it's not making this list)
7) Outrageous Acts Of Everyday Rebellion - Gloria Steinem Once again for 20CLC - my choice though. Our non-fiction choice for culture.
8) Sing Them Home - Stephanie Kallos Not only does the book look great, it was on our Library book club list AND I got to hear her speak at the Iowa City Book Festival earlier this summer.
9) The rest of the books listed on my sidebar (cheating I know, I know!) oh and my TBR Sooner Or Later Tab. Some unique ones in there too.
10) The other 70 books listed in my goodreads To Be Read list - come on over and friend me! I love to see what other people are reading and do the 'compare books' as well as read great reviews! Love getting new friends there too!
So that's my list. I'm sitting here wishing I was cloned so my clone could read 24/7 and I could do what I must do in day to day life. I get frustrated that I can't get through books faster since there are soo sooo sooooo many I want to get to!
I'm sure going through your lists isn't really going to help that situation since it will make MY lists that much longer....but you now I will :)