Friday, August 26, 2011

Looking Bullish for the Bookish

From our  local TV station's Facebook page this encouraging news for our area of the Midwest!
It looks like another major book retailer could be buying the Borders book store along E. 53rd Street in Davenport. Publishers Weekly says Books-a-million will pick up the leases for stores in Iowa and several other states. A deal must be done by the end of the month.
There is faith out there that bookstores are still lucrative, and bookish-folk will support them. This makes me very happy! I still love my Indies and very much love yard sale-ing for books, but having the retail space left by Borders filled with books again, still warms me right down to my toes. 
I'll be anxious to watch the news come month end and see if all went well.  And in light of recent events, maybe I'll re-evaluate where I spend my hard-earned and consider putting a little more money where my mouth is and support ALL my favorite bookish stores just a bit more. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Books A Million. I hope you get one near you.

    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete