Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BEA and TTT and FUN!

Looks like I'm all about the the abbreviations today :) First up is the suggested topic for Armchair BEA. I'm diggin' this event!!

Today’s suggested posting topic is “Best of 2011!”
We'd love to have you share some of your favorite books so far this year, and/or the the books being promoted at BEA that you hope will end up among your favorites for the year!
I actually don't remember the last time I read a book the year it was actually published, sort of like, until this spring, I hadn't driven a car in the same decade I was in...or not for long anyway. I'm looking forward to a lot of books but most of them were released years ago! :) I've always been slow to the bandwagon. 
But there is the rumor of a new Markus Zusak book and I will be very interested in getting my hands on that!



We all have done it. Lied about reading a book in some way. I would love to tell the world I never read Twilight, or that I didn’t enjoy the first book in the Saga (LOL Saga) at all, however that is not the case. I kind of liked the first book, but don’t tell anyone. It’s kind of my little literary secret.

Ok, seriously tough question. My first reaction was...none! Who would do that...then a little bit of honest memory snuck in...like 

1) that time I said 'yes I've read the Bible cover to cover.' Ok wee bit of a truth stretch there.  But I really am working on it!

2) The Illiad and the Odyssey -  I know I've said I've read these because I feel like I'm familiar with them, but I haven't read them...and I probably won't. 
 
3) To Kill a Mockingbird.- I felt like anyone of literary taste has read that and well I didn't want to be the tasteless one so I fibbed and said I'd read it...which I have since I said that!
 
4) Moby Dick - Same deal... I said I had, I hadn't, now I have :)
 
5) Shakespeare - Yes I read some, mostly I gave up and my mind wandered. And I hate that. I really wanted to love it. Maybe if I re-read some of it.


6) Go, Dog. Go! - I mostly just looked at the pictures - Just kidding ;)

Huh - I didn't think I'd end up short-listing this one once I got started but I'm stalled out. If I think of more I'll do an update.

OH I thought of one
7) Mankind, Have A Nice Day - this is one I'd lie about HAVING read. In case you are unfamiliar...look it up and you'll see why I'd want to keep that little secret to myself. Who was I then? :) I'll still deny it if it's ever brought up in mixed company.

Love getting to analyze my reading patterns. Can't wait to read all of yours! To me this is a ton of fun :)


L

2 comments:

  1. I've counted that I've read the Old Testament all the way through, even though I've only read 80% of it. I'm planning to remedy that next year, though.

    I just finished reading the New Testament all the way through. I had done that once before, but it was nearly 20 years ago.

    So, I understand about saying you read The Bible from cover to cover. Good luck with your read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    I LOL-ed at Go, Dog, Go!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete