Today’s suggested posting topic is “Best of 2011!”
We'd love to have you share some of your favorite books so far this year, and/or the the books being promoted at BEA that you hope will end up among your favorites for the year!
I actually don't remember the last time I read a book the year it was actually published, sort of like, until this spring, I hadn't driven a car in the same decade I was in...or not for long anyway. I'm looking forward to a lot of books but most of them were released years ago! :) I've always been slow to the bandwagon.
But there is the rumor of a new Markus Zusak book and I will be very interested in getting my hands on that!
We all have done it. Lied about reading a book in some way. I would love to tell the world I never read Twilight, or that I didn’t enjoy the first book in the Saga (LOL Saga) at all, however that is not the case. I kind of liked the first book, but don’t tell anyone. It’s kind of my little literary secret.
Ok, seriously tough question. My first reaction was...none! Who would do that...then a little bit of honest memory snuck in...like
1) that time I said 'yes I've read the Bible cover to cover.' Ok wee bit of a truth stretch there. But I really am working on it!
2) The Illiad and the Odyssey - I know I've said I've read these because I feel like I'm familiar with them, but I haven't read them...and I probably won't.
3) To Kill a Mockingbird.- I felt like anyone of literary taste has read that and well I didn't want to be the tasteless one so I fibbed and said I'd read it...which I have since I said that!
4) Moby Dick - Same deal... I said I had, I hadn't, now I have :)
5) Shakespeare - Yes I read some, mostly I gave up and my mind wandered. And I hate that. I really wanted to love it. Maybe if I re-read some of it.
6) Go, Dog. Go! - I mostly just looked at the pictures - Just kidding ;)
Huh - I didn't think I'd end up short-listing this one once I got started but I'm stalled out. If I think of more I'll do an update.
OH I thought of one
7) Mankind, Have A Nice Day - this is one I'd lie about HAVING read. In case you are unfamiliar...look it up and you'll see why I'd want to keep that little secret to myself. Who was I then? :) I'll still deny it if it's ever brought up in mixed company.
Love getting to analyze my reading patterns. Can't wait to read all of yours! To me this is a ton of fun :)