Saturday, May 28, 2011

Armchair BEA the recap

Well, it's done for this year and wow what a ride!! Armchair BEA Central has asked us to just sort of summarize our week and how we felt about this event. They offered this prompt:
 As you relax by the pool or have fun with your families this weekend, we ask that you take some time to write out a short recap of the week. What did it mean to you to participate in Armchair BEA 2011? What were your highlights? Would you do it again? Show your love for this week one last time and let us know what, if anything, you learned and enjoyed most!

This was far and away the most fun I've had online since I started my book blog! I normally visit a few new blogs every week, usually via MrLinky's from the memes I do. But this was so much more intense! It was just a regular beehive of activity and all focused on the world of books as a whole.

No exaggeration, I was in 7th heaven! I had more personal contact with bloggers than normal too and that was, indeed my FAVORITE part!!
Would I do it again?? Would tomorrow be too soon? Yes I will and can't wait.
 My favorite thing about Armchair Bea ... ok 2 things. Having BEA Central there to guide us and serve as like a 'home base' for all the events, topics, and posts.

The second were the twitter parties. No lie, those were smokin'! Sooo much fun! And I was pretty much a twitter newbie and I still loved it!

This event meant so much. It renewed my enthusiasm for blogging and stirred up excitement for all the great books that are out and are coming out.

With all that is going on in my life, this event was literally a  vacation for me. But much much less expensive than the real deal...which is great!  :)

Thank you to all who helped with organization and facilitation. Bless you all who participated! It was so cool to get to meet each and everyone of you!

Until next year... see you in the stacks!
L

3 comments:

  1. It was so much fun, wasn't it? I particularly liked the twitter parties too! I can't wait for next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twitter parties were awesome! And they went sooo fast!! Am really looking forward to participating again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great time. The Twitter parties were a blast! I hope you got to 'meet' lots of new people.

    ReplyDelete