Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Fav Booksites

Hosted by the bastions of exuberent energy over at The Broke And The Bookish, Top Ten Tuesday focuses this week on our favorite bookish sites, organizations, apps, etc.

Mine's a quickie this week. Not cuz I don't love ya and certainly not cuz I couldn't ramble on and on about how much I love bookish stuff, but cuz (shhhh) I'm at work ;)

So here, in no particular order...

1) goodreads  - I think I finally settled on goodreads over the other book database sites because the widget is so clean looking.

2) Shelfari - I like the data section of this site better than the other book organization sites.


3) Shelf Awareness - industry news for an industry junkie! This was one of my favorite finds this year!

4) BookPage- I have more fun grabbing this from the library than the stack of books I went to the library for most of the time! And now I'm connected digitally. Still love my big paper magazine though.

5)Prairie Lights Iowa City - My fav indie bookstore. The website is pretty. There's lots of other content too, trend lists, bookish gifts etc.Plus helps me keep track of local bookish events

6) Maquoketa Public Library - My home town library, even though they are totally digitally challenged. I swear once Brittany's healthy, I'm marching in there and taking over their website!! :)

7) NetGalley - My other favorite find this year. I have only reviewed one book so far, but have plans for others when I get back to the hospital. Love this site!

8) Book crossings - I signed up for this site about 8 years ago and only used it a couple times. My town looks on 'loosed books' as litter half the time, but now that I go to Iowa City often, I have lots of fun places to release books.

9) eBay - Ok yes for somethings I MAY shop there...mostly text books for school so much cheaper than the bookstore. But, did you know there are communities too? Um Hm there are! And there are bookish communities. It was one of the first online communities I found for bookish folk.

10) my entire blogroll!! - I can't help it... yes YOU!! all of you. You ARE my source for bookish information and indulgence and my inspiration to pursue the book-life! I'm in your debt too much to not give you the props you deserve :) Love you ALLLLL!

Geez no time for pictures or anything!! Maybe next week. Can't wait to see where you go too!
L

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Someone else who has Shelfari on their list! And, thanks for helping me remember to add my local library to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning so much from this particular meme topic. :)

    I signed up for Shelf Awareness - yesterday, I think. Now I'm finding it listed everywhere.
    Sounds like a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found this week's Top Ten assignment to be very useful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you included Prairie Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list.
    I just signed up for Shelfawareness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signed up to loads on your list! Thanks for the great recommendations. New follower here =)

    My First Ever Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete