Saturday, June 25, 2011

Junkin on a Saturday

I look forward to Saturdays. I mean I know everyone who works a 5 day standard work week does. But I do for more than obvious reasons.


 Saturday is the day I go wandering driveways, garages, yards, second hand stores and the GW boutique...in search of goodies. Mostly books. Mostly my quest books (I just added a tab about those).  I usually start getting ready for Saturday when the papers come out on Wednesday with listings of the weekends yard sales. I usually always find something. I'm not as good as the Queen but I can usually find a bargain or two.

 Today was no exception and was actually pretty productive! I got all 7 of the laid out books, the audio book, and the bankers lamp for $8.00. I was happy!

The others are Gerald's Game 1st ed.
Little Women - a nice paperback for take along reading for my girls to read
2 The Cat Who Books. - Which is my guilty pleasure. They are so sweet!
Anne of Green Gables - which is on my challenge list, so I needed a copy
The Princess Bride - Which I've never read but have seen the movie a million times
and The Return of the King. - I think this will be the 3rd set I'm working on now.

The Antique Library Table is my mom's but has been in our family for a long time. She had it restored. I think the bankers lamp looks great there and had been looking for exactly this lamp for a long time. for 5 bucks I could not go wrong!

The audio book it the Great Gatsby and it is still in the shrink wrap, never opened. I plan to run a contest of some sort pretty soon and offer it as my prize.

The question is what sort of contest ought I to do... I'll have to think about it.

Meanwhile, Saturday may be junkin day at yard sales, but Sunday (after Church) is Auction day. Woot! On the look out for books by the box and of course, super cool book cases!! We'll have to see how I do.

Do you guys go on 'bookish scavenger hunts' like this? It's so much fun :) Leave me a comment and let me know what you scored this weekend~

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your prayers for my husband who had cancer surgery this week. He is recuperating at home and the doctors were optimistic that they got all the cancer but we won't know for sure until the pathology reports come back this week. My best (and many prayers) to your daughter and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the widget that shows your blog list of recent visitors? It is very cool.

    Anne
    Http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete