Saturday, January 7, 2012

My 2012 challenges start

I was so happy to find the blog Chunkster Challenge!! Please go there and read the information and guidelines for the challenge and then go thank our hosts, Wendy at Caribousmom and Vailly at 1330V. I can't wait to get into this!
In reading the blogs this new year I've noticed that some of us seem to have something in common. We enjoy being able to list a large number of books on our 'read-so-far-this-year' statistics. And that's fun, even  though my numbers weren't that impressive comparatively. Still, I would look at the page number in order to chose which book to read next.

And I probably missed some great books.

Plus, I really have a thing for great big epic books :)

That said, I'm trying to not be all hung up on numbers, learn to read faster, make more time for reading, and read some really good books like:

1) Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet - 972 pages

2) Under the Dome - Stephen King - 1072 pages

3)Mansfield Park - Jane Austen - 507 pages

4 *A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson - 544 pages

OR

4) The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxay - Douglas Adams - 815 pages

Which puts me at the Chubby Chunkster level.

I'll look forward to seeing how everyone does. My track record isn't that great with challenges, but HEY! my intentions are awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for signing up for the challenge! My track record isn't that great either when it comes to challenges. There's so much fun in joining and meeting new bloggers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete