Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Top Villain - isnt that an oxymoron? No it's Top Ten Tuesday

I'm Joining Top Ten Tuesday, admittedly on Wednesday, over at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks list? Tell us your top ten villains!


How Fun!! So here, in no particular order, is my take on it.

1.  Hanzel and Gretel's parents... most awful people I've ever heard of. Period!

2. General Woundwart - Watership Down. Gave me the creeps. One foul rrrabbit!

3. Delores Umbridge - makes my skin crawl just remembering her! bleck!

4. Boise - Cold Mountain - The Albino with no conscience

5. The Little Ladykiller - The Shack. Think what you need to about the theology, the story was heart-breakingly tragic!

6. Sauron - LOTR. He was evil personified. Sauroman was probably worse because he knew better and he betrayed his ways.

7. Corrine - The mother in Flowers In The Attic - awful awful woman, from awful awful parents!

8. Randall Flagg aka The man in black akaWalter o’Dim akaMarten Broadcloak/ -Bad enough to be active in a 7 book series and Kings Iconic novel The Stand. This is another evil personified individual!

9. Pennywise the Clown - It - Stephen King. No wonder a whole generation is scared of clowns!

10. Cujo - Stephen King - Seriously, it's become an adjective and a verb! Can you look at a St. Bernard and not see this dog?

So there they are. King has a fair share on this list and I've seen more on the blog hop that were amazingly bad villains. How fun!

Enjoy your stay on the 'bad' side of town!

3 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about Corrine in Flowers in the Attic. As horrible as the grandmother is (and she's pretty ghastly!) the mother is everything I think of when I think of bad parenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The clown in It. Yes. *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it is odd that so few of Stephen King's villains were mentioned on these lists....

    Here's my Top Ten Baddies List.

    I hope you will also stop by my blog, Readerbuzz, and enter to win A TRIP TO PARIS or a $25 AMAZON GIFT CERTIFICATE!

    ReplyDelete