Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Salon 4 27 14 ~ I Did it!! I finished a book!!



Time // 12:15
Eating // Just finished some 'shovelin' tacos' like a walking taco but in a bowl not the chips bag. Pile it all up and shovel it in :) NOM!
Drinking // coffee... but I'm about out again.
Weather // soft thunder this morning before church, now windy as the dickens!!
READING // Frankenstein ~ Mary Shelley
Started this a while back, hit a slump, but now think I'll get back to it.


LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
It's a good thing they like me at the Library. I've had this like 6 months of renewals. No one had come looking for it though. 

So Long Insecurity ~ Beth Moore. I'm on the fence so far, despite having already having done some underlining. 

FINISHED:// Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.  
Review coming (if I can ever get my head around all there is to talk about with this book)
My number one comment....
THESE are short stories, not just stories that aren't long, true, unequivocal, text book perfect, classic, awe-inspiring, true literature, short stories!! I adored it and at the same time am so incredibly outrageously jealous of  it as well!! I wanted to shake the book and scream "I want to sound this way!!" I was jump-up-and-down happy to have finally decided to read this amazing book/novel/collection. 
And that doesn't go anywhere near my feelings on the actual characters!


Watching // hmmm. Haven't had anything on for awhile.
Music // KLOVE and I did acquire a T-Mac cd :) 
Blogging // I even had a post between Salon's!! And it wasn't a meme!!
Acquisitions // I had a great cache at the city wide garage sales last weekend
Scored
Julie & Julia, The Lincoln Lawyer, War & Peace (abridged tho) Vegetarian, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, A Christmas Carol and Cricket on the Hearth, Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring, Living the Good Life, Start Your Own Business, The Girls Guide to Starting Your Own Business, A Walk On The Beach,  Confessions of a Shopaholic, Women's Devotional Bible ~ NIV (Love this find!!), and, Unfinished Business
all that for under $10.00...and hints in there as to what I'm up to these days.
Hating  //  I'm not really in a hating mood today. I'm tired. I'd like a nap. 
Loving // opportunities. ~ and SPRING! This color green just makes me want to weep with joy!

Writing // I've felt more urge to write again. Wrote the blog post last week. Fleshing out characters in my head for my current projects
Avoiding // still bills. but I got taxes done. 
Still working on cataloging my books. The more I look at it the more I think I really don't have that many. But cataloging takes awhile. So far I've barely gotten 100 done. 
I did get all my Stephen King's back on shelves. That made me feel better. 
Looking Forward to:// I CAN NOT stop thinking about BEA. I hate to miss it this year, but I really think I may try to go in person next year. 
So with that I am SUPER looking forward to Armchair BEA! 
http://www.armchairbea.com/

I've signed up to be a cheerleader and hope to get to take part in lots of other activities as well :)

Let me know if you're taking part to so I can keep an eye out for you on the blogs and twitter parties!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Olive Kitteridge something? My book club was split on it. SOme liked the book because of the writing others hated it because of not liking Olive. I was in the love camp.

    ReplyDelete