Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9 2013 Sunday Salon



Time // 9:44
Eating // P-bo toast
Drinking // Froshy ~ which is what I called coffee when I was 2 1/2
Weather // -8 this morning. really crappy snow yesterday. snowcoldsnowcoldsnowcold bleck.
READING // Wake ~ Anna Hope
I've just barely started this and so far am TOTALLY enamored with it. Plus this is one that I've fallen for because of the cover. I love it!
READING // Notes from a Small Island - Bill Bryson
A section or 2. A page or 2. Bryson always fits and is always great!

LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
I was going to listen to this on the way to my meeting and Dance Marathon (70 miles away) but It was snowing and the roads were crap so I opted for silence.
Finished  // Doctor Sleep ~ Stephen King
Review coming. But oh my was this such classic KING!

Watching // TED talks. 
Music // Still listening to mostly Life and KLOVE. 
Blogging // At least I'm consistent with the Salon
Acquisitions // hmmmm. nothing this week. But I have an idea for TONS of acquisitions in my future.
Hating  //  I really do hate to hate... but this Winter! OY! Oh and feeling worthless at work and getting my feelings hurt. I'm not sure if they realize they are being hurtful or if they are trying to subtly tell me they think I'm being worthless ... either way. I was ready to get up and vamoose. permanently. Try talking in front of my back people. It's called adulthood. Try it. 
Loving // Looking at opportunities.

Writing // Starting a short piece today.
Avoiding // confrontation at work. When they are out sick I don't go rearranging all their stuff because I don't like the way they have it. Why would they feel justified doing that to me? I know i"m harping but this really really hurt me this week. 
On a positive note that makes me feel like that place I have to go for a paycheck is so petty.....
https://osl.iowa.uiowa.edu/dancemarathon/donate/5/7159
These kids (and it is a totally student run philanthropy organization) spent from 7 p.m. Friday night until 7 p.m. Saturday night on their feet dancing. 
No sleep
No sitting
No caffeine products 
And they raised:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I'm so proud of my girls for being so emotionally vested in such a dedicated organization that TRULY makes a difference in the lives of people whose kids are battling cancer. 
Kudos to you my girls. I love you so!


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your week at work...and I can relate to the winter. However, I'm glad to hear about your daughters. :) Also I'm glad to be reading your posts here at the Sunday Salon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for winter to go away too. I am adding Wake to my wish list :) Stay warm and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notes from a Small Island is on my list for reading about England this year.

    Bummer about the work problems. I always turn to self-help books. For this sort of problem, I'd be looking at Barbara Sher's books.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wake does look like an engaging story, Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bryson and Notes From a Small Island is one of his best. His dry humor is excellent. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete