Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Salon January 12, 2014

tssbadge1
Place // Yup. My chair
Time // 12:38 p.m.
Eating // had a pbj just a bit ago
Drinking // Coffee. Just good official Coffee!
Reading: Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
Im actually back to this. I took a side trip to YA dystopian-ville called Divergent.

READING // Note from a Small Island - Bill Bryson

There is a myriad of controversy surrounding not THAT I'm reading this book, but WHERE I'm reading this book. I've been reading it all fall however and enjoy it very much!!

LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
When my kids are home from school I don't get the chance to listen in my car. They jack my stereo for their ipods. Back to listening this week. 
Finished  // Divergent

3/5 stars. It was a fun read. Dystopian is one of my favorites. I saw the trailer for this and wanted to make sure I read the book.Especially after all the attention the series has had on the blogosphere. I think my expectations were increased by the trailer actually.. I was left a bit deflated. It's YA yes, but it wasn't that. It was more like the Twilight of Dystopian. Decent idea, decent plot, weak in the characterization and their motives (which may be fleshed out in the rest of the books, I dunno and probably wont to be honest.) I'll be looking forward to seeing the movie now, but I'm bummed I didn't like the book more.

Watching // Gilmore Girls!! One of my best friends have gifted me the seasons on DVD. I'm on the second! :)
Music // I have a lot I love and I'm gaining some I pretty much can safely say I'm not really a fan of. AND... I got the most amazing musical experience this week.  (see below).
Blogging // I think I posted something on my other blog. 
Acquisitions // 4 awesome cook books for $5 bucks! Now if I just get the motivation to cook something!
Hating  // Since my last post ... my Dad died. It was the day after Christmas.  I really don't know what else to say about that. It's just too soon.
Loving // Good decisions. Makes me feel all warm and wooly inside!

Writing // Didn't actually put anything down but have tons of thoughts on it.
Avoiding // Mom still.

This week was so special. I got to go to a touring Broadway musical... and not just ANY musical... I, my girls, and my best friend all went to...
I am the biggest fan of their music in the whole wide world and this musical was such an amazing mash of culture and punk!! The perfomances were phenomenal!! My absolute favorite part were the conservatives in front of us who got up and walked out in the first quarter of the show. And then I spent the rest of the show in cold chills! I. Adored. This. Show.!!

....and I miss my dad.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your father. My utmost sympathies. Take time. I'd like to read that Bryson book on England someday. Look forward to your thoughts on it. http://www.thecuecard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Divergent. I read Insurgent too. Have not made it to book 3 yet, though. I can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete