Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Salon January 26, 2014



tssbadge1




Place // It's a BANNER day! I'm on the couch and not in my chair this time! But here's why...

This is Tibby. And I didn't have the heart to move him.
Time // 2:05 p.m.
Eating // Egg salad sandwich. We had a pot luck at church today and I took 2 dozen. brought back 4. They got good reviews!
Drinking // Coffee. Some things are just too good to change
Reading: A Wrinkle in Time ~ Madeleine L'Engle
This is one of those classic books that I somehow completely missed growing up. I blame all the Poe.

READING // Note from a Small Island - Bill Bryson
Still enjoy it! I love Bryson's writing!!

LISTENING TO // The Mayor of Casterbridge ~ Thomas Hardy
I've been enjoying this but I think I need to do only Lit-ish books the old fashioned way and keep some of the 'mainstreams' on Audio. 
Finished  // Master & Commander ~ Patrick O'Brian
Far from my favorite book. Much Jargon. So boaty. Very buddies. Wow. It was sorta the Star Trek of the historical ship lit. kinda.
Watching // Gilmore Girls!! I'm actually looking now at the sets and thinking of doing some copy cat stuff to my own house since it's similar. 
Music // Lots of Christian music this week.
Blogging // As you can see by the new look... I've been paying some attention to the blog. Now if I could just get it right! What spurred this?
http://www.bloggiesta.com/
I'm still playing around so expect the looks to continue to change. often :) Let me know if you see something that looks good!
Acquisitions // Got approved for a Net Galley book to start right after I finish Wrinkle.
Hating  // W.I.N.T.E.R. still.. why won't it STOP!
Loving // The consequences of good decisions. I was asked to give a sermon during lent for our Wednesday night worship. Wow!! Now that, boys and girls, is growth!!

Writing // I at least opened my WriteItNow program and am reading over what I have so far to spark where I want to go. hopefully
Avoiding // Bills. Bleck. I thought I had it whipped but then I heard that despite the fact that i"ve already filed, the IRS isn't opening up for submissions until the 31st. How dumb is THAT!
Feeling some more nudges towards some changes in my life. Hope to keep working with those ideas and feelings to do what's best!
Bracing for 40 below again tomorrow morning. <sigh> this gets old.

1 comment: