Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Salon November 17 2013

tssbadge1
Place // I'm in my typical chair.

Time // 5:48 in the evening
Eating // chips and salsa
Drinking // Still drinking Coffffeeeeee! 
Reading // I finished reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. Sad. Depressing. Disturbing. and unfortunately still true today in my opinion.


I also read finished listening to// Quiet. The Power of Introverts in A World That Can't Stop Talking. By Susan Cain
I've reviewed both. Yay! Finally
Just starting to read// Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
Can't wait to get into this one!! It was a gift to me from someone very, very special.

I've also just started listening to// The Expats by Chris Pavone
I remember this going around the blogosphere last year so I'm looking forward to it.

Watching // The movie Solomon Kane.... it's a little too much for me.
Music // Been on a Taylor Swift kick but am listening to a lot of different stuff so I can find 'that special song'. Probably silly at my age, but I don't care. :)
Blogging // Doing better there! A couple of good reviews and making some comments. 
Acquisitions // Except for the book I've already talked about that Denis gave me, I have been good about both getting AND returning library books

Hating  // Waiting and making decisions. And letting go of all 'things' mom. physical things. Her life's possessions. I've sold her house. And I'm scheduling her auction. And she knows nothing of either. Remember this is how most lives end. Don't hold on to what isn't important, just don't.
Loving // Having someone special in my life and the way it wakes me up to possibilities. Also loving having the greatest kids and family in the world! They have all helped me through these difficult days and I KNOW they will be there for the ones to come
Writing // Mom's business has actually overshadowed my writing lately and I've lost the most magical momentum. I hope to get that back very soon. 
Avoiding // Visiting mom. I love her very much but there is so little I can say. And it's very hard to engage her in any kind of conversation these days. I'm just too wiped to handle it. 


NOTE: Prayers going out tonight to all those affected by today's severe weather!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment