Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sunday Salon 10/28/12

One of my goals is coming true...or I'm achieving one of my goals I guess is more like it.

I am a joint director of the most magical place on earth.... I'm a co-librarian!
Now granted it's just our church library, but it's a collection, and it is still in need of categorizing and maintaining. So it's a library and to me, that's what matters!

AND...I got in on a meeting at our public library of the volunteer group 'Friends of the Library' and they accepted my offer to help them out and I'm going to help maintain the perpetual book sale they have in a corner of the building. :)

It is just the coolest ever!!

And I've got books galore to talk about... I bought another whole box for $8 and for $3 I got some amazing books at the big Library special event books sale.




In that group was an Edgar Cayce book that my mom (who was a huge fan) didn't have yet. And Hemmingway short stories!



And book discussion on Never Let Me Go was amazing!! So much to discuss out of this amazing book. I loved the book, I think I was one of the only ones.


AND!! I finally finished The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy! I loved it. As soon as I was done I wanted to turn around and start it over so I could quote all the amazing lines!

One a personal note, my mom has dementia and while some days are better than others, today was not a 'better' day.  I keep praying for the strength to take care of her.  Please pray for me too.

Trick or Treat is tomorrow night here. I've not been too in to the whole Halloween spirit this year. I hope you have a great Halloween wherever you are!

Prayers to you Right Coasters in the storms path!!




3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I've often thought it would be great to be a librarian. That's cool that you get to help out with your church and local library. Let us know how it goes!

    I definitely pray that you continue to get the strength you need to take care of your Mom. That must be incredibly hard at times.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall live vicariously through you! To be surrounded by books and books and to be responsible in categorizing them, is a dream!! I have been reading a book on a English professor that travels through Latin America to discuss books on Jane Austen. It was interesting that in some countries she went to, the books were categorized by publisher, as opposed to author...interesting..no?!? ;)
    I do hope your mom is doing better and will have some good days coming her way. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her and you. Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A job that places you around books all the time seems perfect to me, too! Enjoy!

    Right out of high school, I worked in a library for a year; and then worked in the college library while attending classes.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete