Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Top Ten Tuesday

I simply could not resist this question. Especially after seeing so many wonderful other Top Tens!

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by our friend over at The Broke and The Bookish. And this will be my first time joining in.


This week's topic:

Top Ten Fictional Crushes


10) Enclyclopedia Brown - one of my first crushes...and the beginning of my appreciation of smart guys.

9) Theodore "Laurie" Laurence - Little Women. Although I do still see him with Jo in my head.

8) Inman -  Cold Mountain. Just because. Who else would trek like that for the hope of love!

7) Stuart Redmond - The Stand - Another smart guy but in a more 'common sense' smart way. With a good dose of rugged.

6) Heathcliff -Wuthering Heights - For sheer endurence. 

5) Aragorn - Lord of the Rings

4) Legolas - Lord of the Rings - only beat Aragorn because technically Aragorn HAS a girlfriend and Legolas seems available.

3) Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice (and yes the movie version with Kira Knightly perpetuates this...that was one HUNKIN Mr. Darcy...walking across....NO! STRIDING across that field... sighhhh)

2) James Herriot - All Creatures Great and Small. Ok he's real, but I think it counts! I fell in love with the UK, I fell in love with Veterinarians, and well... Him!

1) Roland Deschain - The Dark Tower series. The creme de la creme of leading men.

Probably lots of others too. This list did take me a bit to put together believe it or not. Turns out the bulk of my books are strong female leads. I, for one, found that surprising.

Well there we have it, my first TTT. How fun :)

11 comments:

  1. Aww Encyclopedia Brown! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is essential to just imagine Laurie and Jo living happily ever after. The end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read Encyclopedia Brown when I was younger! I could almost never crack the case...Encyclopedia was apparently a way better detective than me, lol. Awesome that he makes your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Legolas and Aragorn! Great choices!


    Sorry bout that comment out there! my cat walked on the keyboard :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost put Inman on my list. He was so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I sat pondering my literary crushes I tried to remember if I had a crush on any of the Lord of the Rings characters until the movie came out. I read it too long ago to remember that. But since the movies, I'd say every one had a crush on those two men (faeries). Mr. Darcy. Of Course! Welcome. This is my favorite blog hop of the week.
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had Darcy and Laurie, too!! Encyclopedia Brown..that is awesome!

    Thanks for participating!

    -Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish & The Perpetual Page-Turner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this list! James Herriot. Of course. And who could resist Encyclopedia Brown?!

    My list is here:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun list! Mine, in no particular order, might have to include:

    Holden Caulfield (Catcher in the Rye) - Okay, I first read it when I was about his age, and he seemed like SUCH a bad boy (swoon)

    Jamie Fraser (Outlander Series) - If only because I picture him as looking like my husband :)

    Rob Gordon (High Fidelity) - I'm a music geek too

    Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie Series) - Okay, she's real, but when I was little I SO wanted to be her friend!

    Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich Series) - I want to be her friend too, and I have a crush on BOTH Ranger and Joe Morelli

    Miz Parker
    http://mizparker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete