Thursday, July 2, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday... and I'M a feature! woot!

I am thrilled and honored to be this weeks featured blog on: 

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted 
by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

I mean SERIOUSLY!! Could there be anything better for a bunny in the world than a blogHOP???

This weeks question, suggested by:
is a real brain teaser for me! 
 1) because i'm old as dirt and that's a long way back to thinking
 2) because I actually remember SO MANY!!


I mean I can totally remember reading this...
My First Counting Book


But for an ACTUAL reading book, one of the first I'd have to say was:
Little House in the Big Woods
I was given the boxed set as a gift. I still remember the fun of running on the prairie, of Pa going out in the blizzard, of any visit by Mr. Edwards...especially at Christmas. This book was my first experience in literary travel, where I felt like I actually WENT somewhere else, and some TIME else! 

I followed this closely by:
Little Women
Another gift. This is the actual set I found under the Christmas tree that year (no I"m not saying WHAT year, NO! they weren't new releases!! Don't get cheeky!)

I logically followed these up with other such reading as Edgar Allen Poe, followed closely by Stephen King.

No matter the genre, these books set up my love of reading!! 

How about you? How far back can you bend that memory? What book do you find when you reach way, way back??

Let us know and link up!

;

And don't forget to follow! Follow! FOLLOW!!!


Especially our gracious hosts!


Alison & Rachel
alisoncanread.com & parajunkee.com


And our question poser at:
BOOKISH FINDINGS

Oh! and Me :

Check my sidebar for or click here to follow me
Follow


21 comments:

  1. Congrats on being featured! Great response. I loved those Little House on the Prairie books too. Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its been so fun! Glad ya popped in :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, thank you for the nostalgia. I LOVED Little House in the Big Woods; I read it over and over and over. It was one of my favorites and I'm sad that I forgot about it. Congrats on being featured this week! New follower!

    Jamie @ Lucky Devil Reviews - http://www.luckydevilreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured.. Those are some great books! :-) Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/07/feature-follow-15-my-first-ever-book.html

    New Follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured. New Bloglovin follower.
    here's mine: http://www.sharonsbooknook.com/2015/07/03/feature-and-follow-friday-3-july-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats on being featured. :)
    Following your blog. My FF link: http://letmebefictional.blogspot.com/2015/07/feature-follow-3-first-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being featured this week!
    Laura Ingles Wilder and Little Women....doesn't get much better than that! I loved those books growing up :) And I love your collection!

    Here's my FF

    Old follower on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured! I think I read The Little House in the Big Woods when I was really little, but it's hard to remember now. New follower!

    My F&F

    Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can remember a few books from my childhood but not many..lol..it was to long ago! :) New bloglovin follower! :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I adore both Little Women and The Little House series! I remember The Little House books being the first 'big' books I ever read! Congratulations on being a featured blogger this week! :)

    New Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, there!

    CONGRATS on being a featured blog this week!!

    Aw.....that first book is so cute! I can't remember that far myself. So I went with something I DO remember reading when I was around 8 or 9.

    I've never heard of "Little House in the Big Woods", but it looks good! And OOOOH, "Little Women"!! I LOVE that book!! I DID read that one! I was a tomboy at the time, and related strongly to Jo. I wanted to be just like her!! I think I read that book a couple of times at least, back in the day.

    Thanks so much for sharing!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was obsessed with Little House on the Prairie for awhile! I read all of them and went on to read the later series of her daughter and grand-daughter too!

    New follower via GFC and Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS ON BEING A FEATURE!
    I followed via bloglovin'
    here's my post: http://pagesofwonderland.blogspot.com/2015/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being featured this week. I used to love Little House on the Prairie when I was younger! I also liked the show. I'm a new bloglovin' follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being featured! Lots of good first reads experiences there!

    I'm a new follower on Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello fellow featured partner! Thanks for commenting!
    Followed on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL at old as dirt! Congrats on being featured this week!

    Here's my F&F Friday.

    New follower on Bloglovin'

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the feature! And those look like some really great books to remember first reading! New Bloglovin' follower! Here's my FF! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being featured! Following you through Bloglovin and GFC!

    Here's my Feature
    Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being featured! :)

    I really enjoyed reading Little Women too. I think I'm going to reread it at some point as I haven't read it since I was young.

    New follower via GFC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! I also remember reading a lot of children's book. But I can't remember which of them was the first. :)

    ReplyDelete