Sunday, July 12, 2015

My last pre 50 post



Time //  8:56 (just getting in under the wire)

Eating // Ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Drinking // the usual

Weather // Heading into a heat wave. I'm hoping for storms tonight.

READING - FINISHED // The Golden Compass ~ Bill Pullman

I used my BCC list to pick this one. I'll be doing a review this week on it. For a preview... 5 stars if you omit about 13 pages. with those 13 pages... 2.5 stars. Those are some pretty important pages.

LISTENING TO // Wool ~ Hugh Howey
Haven't gotten back to this yet. 

READING:// SOME LUCK ~ JANE SMILEY

Some day I'll finish this. Some. Day.

READING:// Taking Leaps & Finding Ghosts ~ Janet DeLee
Haven't gotten very far, but what I've read so far is pretty fun.

Watching // NCIS

I've let a cold roll over into pneumonia/bronchitis. And while I was convalescing I found out that 11 seasons of NCIS are on Netflix. We actually owned DVD's through 7, but through 11? I was giddy. It may have been the fever. I'm on season 3 now.


Music // Haven't listened to too much. Maybe some planet 80's?

Blogging // Not as much as I'd hoped, but at least I did get some reading done!

Acquisitions // Well I had an accidental acquisition... I took out a copy of The Wapsipinicon Almanac.out from the library .. nice local printed, local written literary journal... beautiful little mag... and my cat puked on it... so now I own it.


Hating  // I've been sick since June 28th. First told viral, then recently put on Z Pak and this morning in the ER with pleurisy. Fun. Enough!!

Loving // I found a writer's group!! I'll blog more about this later. I'm so thrilled! On a side note I also found the most delicious iced mocha latte in the world!!

Writing // Have done some. Working on a short story that keeps getting longer. Came up with a couple other projects for the future.

Avoiding //  Posting some new items to my Etsy shop. For one the weather hasn't given me a good picture day when I could utilize it. I have books and vintage goodies going up.

Other than being sick... Still looking at where my path is leading.  With me it's never cut and dried.

Oh and I turn 50 on Tuesday... I'm devastated!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday :) I completely relate to the shock of it all, but having turned 55 this year I gotta admit, 50s are pretty good! ENJOY the birthday celebration on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? 13 pages killed The Golden Compass for you? I'm so sad. I love that book 13 pages and all. I'm interested to see which 13 pages ruined it for you and why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to Google pleurisy! Sounds awful! Hope you feel good enough to have a happy birthday on Tuesday! Don't be devastated! 50 is young these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday on Tuesday. Good books you've bben working through. Wool was a tough one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally want to eat ice cream and chocolate syrup right now haha, I hope you enjoyed The Golden Compass I've heard such wonderful things about the series :)
    Your new GFC & Twitter follower,
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete