Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top Ten 'shallow reasons' Tuesday

Today's Top Ten Tuesday Topic :


 Our friends over at The Broke and the Bookish have asked us this week:
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It (or at least read it..as is my case)

Going to try to make this post as quickly as I can. Although I haven't purchased all of these yet, I certainly would! There are so many books that catch my eye with attractive or intriguing covers and quirky or lyrical titles...here are my tops

Books I've already read...


The Help - Kathryn Stocket. Great colors, beautiful layout, meaningful arrangement of birds. From the first moment I saw it I knew I'd lover it.



The Night Circus - Erin Margenstern
I'm going to review this very soon, just have to find enough glowing adjectives so I can TRULY convey how much I loved this...all the curlie ques got me! and the stark black, white and red.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver.  The cover had me with that adorable handful of what ever that is! This was my introduction to Ms. Kingsolver. I could go read it again tomorrow!

The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield - Can any self respecting bibliophile resist this cover???


The Cabinet of Curiosities - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - The cover is interesting but it was the title that made me...welll...curious!


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - with a title like that wouldn't you just Have to know?


The Cat Who books.... - Lilian Jackson Braun - another title that got me...but I'm a cat person so anything with 'cat' in the title catches my eye

Some that have been wooing me that I haven't gotten around to yet are:

A Thousand Acres - Jane Smiley - Title again... because I was writing a story with the same title...rats.

The Cookbook Collector - Allegra Goodman - BOTH!! Such a beautiful cover...the title just SCREAMS to me!

And finally...the cutest cover ever!

A Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson - I want to own a copy just for that fuzzywuzzy face!!

Running a day behind by the time I got this finished. Schucks but better late than never!

Can't wait to read yours, I'm sure you'll remind of some I missed!

2 comments:

  1. I've only read The Thirteenth Tale from your list, but I want to read The Help and Night Circus really bad. I love Night Circus's cover. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few picks I'd like to check out especially The Night Circus, I'm a new follower, my WOW. http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete